Welcome LonelyDancer!!!

Old 08-19-2002, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Welcome LonelyDancer!!!

Welcome, thought I'd start you a new thread so the welcome wagon could join in! Lurking leaves us in the dark on who could be out there sharing hope and words of their own wisdom. Glad you posted! Keep coming back and sharing!!

Hugs!
Old 08-19-2002, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Lonely Dancer Debbie!

Glad you decided to join the ranks of the posting! Pleased to meet you and don't hesitate to let it all hang out here! We DO want to hear it!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 08-19-2002, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Debbie,
Welcome, I read your post on the other
thread. Keep coming back, there's great
support here!

Hugs,
Old 08-19-2002, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sort of shy, so this will be hard for me at first, but I'll get over it.

Since I learn best by reading, I now carry The Language of Letting Go with me all the time and am reading Co-Dependent No More. Great books. I hope everyone you recommend them to runs out and buys them.

I don't have internet access at home right now as I have no privacy from the A. And he hates it that I read and seek information. Thinks I should get all my knowledge from life experience. I just say... "it's the life's exepriences that make me search for answers that I find in books and on the internet. " (and from people like you now too!)

I know some of what I need to do, but it is really hard some days to keep my head above water. I've got a lot to work towards tho, and plan to make it through and put an end to this co-dependent life.

Thanks again for being here. And I'll start sharing and hope I'll have something to say to help someone too sometime.

Debbie
Old 08-19-2002, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome Lonely Dancer!!!

We are all so glad to meet you! My Ward used to tell me "You read too many books" But I just kept right on readin'

Come back so we can get to know you!

Hugs,

JT
Old 08-19-2002, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Debbie and welcome to our family.

I work, so am a little late joining the welcome wagon. We are so happy you came, and Melody Beattie is my favourite ever.

Please feel free to join us and share anytime you want. We'd love to hear from you.

It sounds like you already have a good start on your recovery...a great attitude and an armful of books. It gets better and better every day.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

welcome, my A comes out of his room at night to read what i am reading or writing.. he is suspecting something, but knowing him and how crazy he can be, he probably thinks i am trying to find someone else... WRONG... NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang in there, i hope you can get out and make a life for yourself..
Old 08-20-2002, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, Debbie. This forum has been the best thing for my recovery so far. These folks are just WONDERFUL. Share, share , share. Oh and my husband thinks I read too much too. But books are my lifeline! It just gets better and better.