just thought i would think aloud!

Old 02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just thought i would think aloud!

Hi again, i posted earlier today and it helps typing and getting it all off your chest dosnt it, well hubby came home tonight with another massive bottle of cheap cider and 12 cans of larger, (big sigh from me), im keeping a secret diary of what hes drinking just to see for myself how much it is, I guess illl find him asleep on the couch again in the morning with the tv still on and him snoaring and stinky of stale drink! do i have to just sit back and wait for him to realise he has a problem ? dont think he ever will, he has always drunk loads and im worried about his health in the future, again no real point to my post just letting off steam is that alright? dont know how to behave with him anymore cause i know getting angry wont help, worried my 2 sons will grow up and drink like him
Tinky27
Old 02-07-2005, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI Tinky! I just wanted to let you know someone is listening! Unfotunately, I'm afraid I don't have the answers for ya! Journaling is good though... And no real point is required for a post... I hope?? I'd be in big trouble if so!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tinky - try to get a copy of Codependent No More. I didn't get as much out of it as a lot of people here seem to, but the concept of detaching is explained and it's essential that you learn to detach, for your own sanity.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Tinky,

Welcome my dear to our ever changing and always open hen party. As Peaches points out, you don't have to have a point when you post. Sometimes connecting with other folks who understand is all that I can offer.

We're all learning better ways to run our lives - I had to learn how to run my life first, and now I'm learning better ways. Just give yourself some room to grow and focus on the task at hand, keeping yourself sane and healthy.

Wishes for an evening of peace,
Petunia
Old 02-07-2005, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

wow you guys reply quickly, thats good thanks, ill have to find that book sounds like i need it, thanks for replys, im now off to bed its late here, hes downstairs drinking himself into a stuipor but thats not my problem or fault at this point and anyway im getting used to sleeping on my own now, he likes to sleep hugging his cider bottle, im really angry with him all the time and feel like hes holding us all back from what could be a really good relationship i dont know, i tend to preace at him and be angry alot, i asked him to stop drinking in the day once and he did for quite a few weeks but thats all stoped now and hes back on it (just weekends) hes sick most mornings is this to do with the drinking aswell??
tink
Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I could have wrote this. I understant the Big sigh, and the worriement of my sons thinking it is ok to drink like that. So far I know they don't want to, (23 and 19) but I don't want it to happen some day. The same thing happened to my siblings AND my dad, who said in high school that he would never drink and then turned into an alcoholic.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi again - I just wanted to say that the book Jenee mentions did wonders for me - literally changed my life. I would highly recommend it - it gave me a new perspective that I would never have reached on my own. Sleep tight!