Fanatastic news for me!!

Old 02-07-2005, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fanatastic news for me!!

After a gruelling and emotional weekend I'm basking in the sunshine of the light at the end of a tunnel!!

Hubby has an appointment on Friday at the doctors!! This has been a long time coming. The appointment is to ask about updating food intolerance tests and generally getting physically checked out. That it's come a bit late might not be a bad thing because it will have given chance for records to catch up so the docs will know about the alcoholism. Other records will also have got there, the nearest complete picture they could get.

As soon as she saw him his Mum was upset because he looks ill. The next morning while he slept till 12pm I found out what happens when someone has never had anyone to talk to - I got the lot!! My heart went out to her, a non driver isolated in a tiny hill village and dealing with a VERY ill son. At the same time in the afternoons there was no telling myself this is JUST drink related - it is drink related but there IS more to it. At his family home with the confidence to relax he mostly slept, when he was awake sometimes he was ok, others he wasn't.

I'm over the moon - I want doctors to sort this out, I haven't the knowledge except that I know it's like seeing a puzzle and knowing there are bits missing.

As a side issue, anyone with a long memory who remembers what he told me about his old teacher who stood him up regularly in front of the class and humiliated him. His Mum doesn't know about that BUT she blamed the same teacher because she heard so many stories of the guy hitting D hard enough to knock him off his chair!! D has never told me that.

I feel like a massive weight has been lifted, I can pass the puzzle on with relief.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Equus - that is great news!!

(((())))

Jessica

(Sorry, not much on words today, but I wanted to share your joy.)
Old 02-07-2005, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Equus))))) - I think that's great! I hope they can figure something out.... I just wanted to give you my encouragement and love!
Old 02-07-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((equus))) - wonderful! good luck and let us know how he fairs at the drs.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Four days together and I started noticing things that are DEFINATELY physical and strange. He got blebs like insect bites that appeared then went after a couple of hours, if I asked about them he just said it was a spot - but they weren't. His Mum asked whether the skin on his body had broken out the day after he had scratched his chest in his sleep so much it was bleeding. She was telling me this is when he struggles to look after himself, that he hides it and tries hardest to get hold of the foods he shouldn't have - including booze!!

There was no way he was thinking clearly, he was 90% of the time but 10% of strange - not really lucid comments is as scary as hell!! He was refusing to go to the doctors until this morning when he said he couldn't get to work (very rare for him). I suggested that booking the docs would mean he wouldn't be in trouble from work and he'd make his mum + me very happy. He said yes, out the blue, no putting it off, he just asked me to make an appointment. He's spent this afternoon trying to trace the place he was refered to last time for tests and has said he's going to stop drinking completely again.

On the drinking side I think it's for the wrong reasons because he's said it's just not worth how worried me and his mum were, rather than because he's convinced himself he can't do it. Even so - it's his choice and any break will be good because he isn't ok.

Thanks for all your thoughts - if it hadn't been for this morning turn around this would have been a very different post. I think I've slept about 8 hours in 4 days just through emotional overload and sheer worry because it's so screamingly obvious something is wrong. He didn't get drunk or drink every night but even 1 pint is making him so sick.