saga

Old 02-06-2005, 05:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gracey, please call a women's crisis line or shelter. Let someone help you and guide you and give you someplace to go if you need to escape.

You cannot do this alone, Gracey, none of us could, and help is available for you if you just reach out and call.

My prayers are with you and your children, that you can safely remove yourselves from this abusive situation.

You're not going to hell, Gracey, you're already in it. We're here to help you get out and into a more peaceful place.

Hugs and Love
Ann
Old 02-06-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Gracey

I am just here to say I am okay, I dont know when my H came home lastnight........I went to sleep..........I didnt call him lastnight..........I woke up this morning and there he was..........

I am going to my lawyer on monday, and I am going to see what I can do..........about his constant threats of abuse.

Old 02-06-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for you, Gracey. Please look after yourself and your children. Stay safe.

Hugs
Ann
Old 02-06-2005, 07:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you are seeing the attorney

But please, stay safe yet strong.

Your strength is amazing.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((gracey)))) i can't tell you how bad i feel for you. you know what you need to do - strength & prayers to you for today & tomorrow~

love - chris
Old 02-06-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

A couple of other items you might want to consider...
  • a checking account in your name only. many banks offer free ones and some let you sign up online
  • a credit card in your name only. this can be much harder to obtain after a divorce
  • a post office box for mail - so you KNOW you wlll get your mail

The first 2 aren't bad to have any way... that way you have them if something happens to your other half - it's also a way to keep money inheritances separate if needed.

Also having copies of accounts with addresses and numbers is good, along with copies of important papers. You've already managed to document issues via this forum. Good job!

Stay safe!
Old 02-06-2005, 04:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Stay safe Gracey!!! Take care of you and those kids. You're a lot stronger than you think.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rivercitybelle
A couple of other items you might want to consider...
  • a checking account in your name only. many banks offer free ones and some let you sign up online
  • a credit card in your name only. this can be much harder to obtain after a divorce
  • a post office box for mail - so you KNOW you wlll get your mail

The first 2 aren't bad to have any way... that way you have them if something happens to your other half - it's also a way to keep money inheritances separate if needed.

Also having copies of accounts with addresses and numbers is good, along with copies of important papers. You've already managed to document issues via this forum. Good job!

Stay safe!
Gracey,think the time has come to start a plan and rivercitybelle has given some excellent ideas. Important papers..such as birth certicates(kids and yours),passports,any legal papers...etc. all need to be put some where safe. Maybe a bank deposit box. In case you have a quick getaway. With your AH...sounding very scary. He is doing some mean things. Better to be prepared. Sounds as if the game playing is something he might be very good at.
Stay safe.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Gracey)))
Thinking of you and sending strength and love.
You will get through this. Stay safe and be strong.
Hugs - L
Old 02-07-2005, 03:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

(((Gracey)))

Sorry I'm late in coming to this thread.

Please stay safe.

Thinking of you.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Jen

Gracey - Please stay safe! You must threaten him with calling the police AND following through with it. It took me several months, but I finally did it. He now has a record and any time he tries anything again, I will call 911. Most addicts are afraid of the police because most of the time when they are being threatened with calling 911 on them, they (obviously) have been using and get scared they will go to jail. Which, in my opinion, is where most of them belong so we can get a good night's sleep!!

Hang in there and take care of yourself - you are a wonderful person and you deserve to be happy!

Jennifer
Old 02-08-2005, 09:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Gracey,

Are you okay? Did you talk to a lawyer yet? I'm thinking about you!!!!

((((hugs))))

Mindi