Silly really...

Old 01-16-2005, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Silly really...

I am very concerned about my husband's dog.

He is going into rehab for at least 15 days tomorrow.

The dog is with him all day, every day.

He will now be home alone for 9 hours while I am at work. No one who does not HAVE to know what is going on knows. I can't afford to put him in daycare or hire a pet sitter.

The only thing I can think of is having my husband friend (drinking buddy), who had told GOODBYE to today, to come over and let him out (as I work 15 miles from home).

Or just trust that the dog will be fine and pay lots of attention to him when we get home from work/school/ childcare.

Can I send the dog to rehab as well?

Silly really...I am sure he will be fine, he has just gotten overlooked in all the planning and just this minute I realized the poor thing will be losing his best friend for 2 weeks.

ACK...so will I really...AND...I am happy about it. I sense good things to come.

And seriously, any thoughts about the dog?

Jenny
Old 01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Barely There

Poor little things can get overlooked at a time like this!

Do you have a yard with shelter/shade etc. Only thing to do (unless you have good neighbours) is to leave him outside with plenty of food/water/toys and things to keep him occupied.

Not sure what your setup is so not sure what else to suggest???

Sounds like he will need some TLC though! hugs to you both!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Hi Jenny:

Bless your heart for worring about a creature that can't take care of himself. I have four dogs of my own (well, five this week, as I'm taking care of my brother's Rottie while he's on his honeymoon). They are inside dogs and they do just fine while I'm away at work. Nine hours is a bit long to wait to do their business, but 8-9 hours is reasonable for an adult dog. He will probably miss your AH, as dogs are one of the few creatures on earth who love unconditionally (even a stinkin', rotten drunk). So, it would be wonderful if you could give him a little extra attention.

One of a dog's best qualities is that it takes very little to light up their lives. A pat on the head, a scratch behind the ear, a little hug when they're curled up sleeping, speaking to them sweetly when they enter a room all make their heart sing. I wish we could find happiness in such simple things.

So go ahead, snuggle up with this furry creature who knows no jealously, who is incapable of deceit, who worships the ground you walk on, who thinks you're perfect in every way, who asks for so little and gives so much in return. You'll be helping an animal in need and forming a bond with one of God's most precious creations.