Recopilation of phrases your Addict says

Old 05-16-2022, 04:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

“If I didn’t buy it, really doesn’t count… can’t turn down a gift now can I?”. When he sent someone to buy booze for him. In his defence, he did rarely pay for it himself.

”Can’t you just give me one more chance? You’ve never truly supported me when I was trying to sober up, so I might as well just drink if we’re done.” Conversation started with him extolling the fact that I have a good job (he got fired & Employmnet Insurance just ran out) with money in the bank and all his bills are overdue/creditors calling … you can see why he would like another chance and me to move back with him.

“I spoke with a guy about AA meetings, he’s going to call me back and take me to one. But I don’t like in person ones, so not sure if I can go, scared of the COVID.” Followed by “I hate the online meetings, so impersonal so AA isn’t for me. It’s not for everyone you know… “. He went to AA for 12 years when he sobered up the last time, so I can see why it isn’t something he enjoys or wants to do, as it clearly worked and we certainly can’t have that happen again!