Public Official Gets Busted

Old 08-04-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Public Official Gets Busted

The Mayor of Wasco, California was pulled over on May 21st, failed two "blow tests" and was cited for driving under the influence.
The Wasco city council voted unanimously yesterday to depose him as the mayor, with one dissenting vote. That vote belonged to the mayor.

He then, according to the Bakersfield Californian newspaper, started on a tirade against the city council:
"“Removing the ceremonial gavel from my hand now is not based on the substance of my leadership, but based on bigotry,” he said. “This kangaroo court didn’t convene until I made the apparent mistake of asking this council, the same council which praised my leadership, to openly affirm Wasco’s LGBTQ members with nothing more than a small symbol of acceptance, a small rainbow flag.”

So, here we have typical deflective behavior exhibited by the alcoholic. We have all seen it.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sage

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
The Mayor of Wasco, California was pulled over on May 21st, failed two "blow tests" and was cited for driving under the influence.
The Wasco city council voted unanimously yesterday to depose him as the mayor, with one dissenting vote. That vote belonged to the mayor.

He then, according to the Bakersfield Californian newspaper, started on a tirade against the city council:
"“Removing the ceremonial gavel from my hand now is not based on the substance of my leadership, but based on bigotry,” he said. “This kangaroo court didn’t convene until I made the apparent mistake of asking this council, the same council which praised my leadership, to openly affirm Wasco’s LGBTQ members with nothing more than a small symbol of acceptance, a small rainbow flag.”

So, here we have typical deflective behavior exhibited by the alcoholic. We have all seen it.
Deflective and the offensive that he'd pick a group of people (LGBTQ community) to make it about. That *is* basing it about bigotry, just his bigotry, not the council's.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Right on, Sage!!!
I can only wonder what that city council had to put up with from this character during his tenure as mayor...
Old 08-04-2021, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It actually made me laugh (offensive comments aside), that DRAMA - again I picture him with a red satin cape, tossing it across himself as he addresses the group.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
Right on, Sage!!!
I can only wonder what that city council had to put up with from this character during his tenure as mayor...
This was my thought too when I read your post, Eauchiche

Gosh, a drama queen alkie as a mayor. Hard work for everyone around him tolerating that behaviour.

My thought also was ok he was caught twice but how many times did he drink drive and not get caught.

Trail Mix, I like the red satin cape idea, I am thinking he would have flounced out and slammed the door hard for extra dramatic effect.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wasco is a *very* small city, so I'm guessing that the city council there does what used to be done in the city where I work: the city councilors take turns being the mayor.

I agree he's deflecting and grasping at straws to make this about something else - but being a drunk driver doesn't automatically make him a bigot or make his previous gesture insincere.

Around here, an occasional gubernatorial candidate failed a field sobriety test, and countered with "Do you know who I am?" She is/was well-heeled enough to make the OUI charge go away, but failed at getting the arresting officer fired.