He might defend the divorce?!

Old 04-10-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

so, is he your ONLY source for milk and other food products?
it would be best to "fire" him from this role - he is not someone who is minding his own health, and is likely not enacting appropriate distancing and other safety measures when he leaves his home, so relying on him for....anything....has a negative ripple effect - for him, for you, for anyone he comes in contact with.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

He wants you to see him bloodied and battered. He wants you to ask how he got hurt. He is deriving pleasure from this. Total manipulation.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Note the timing of the divorce papers and you filing for a share of joint property.

He is so obvious. . .
Old 04-10-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
He wants you to see him bloodied and battered. He wants you to ask how he got hurt. He is deriving pleasure from this. Total manipulation.
I did think this... 🙄😬 he calls to see the kids, I don’t allow him over the threshold he currently has to sit on the garden chairs at the front and talks for maybe half hour to them then leaves. It’s easier (and safer) than them going to his. (UK law says children can move between the homes of separated parents during lockdown) my daughter who’s 11 says hi for 5 mins then goes back to her room - says it’s boring 😂 my son is much closer and very protective of his Dad. So the milk and supplies he brings are kind of helpful as he’s coming anyway - and means he’s the one queueing at the store not me. I assume he’s going to do that anyway for his booze supply and might as well pick up groceries for us but I’m under no illusion that this is fir any other reason on my part other than we are in a pandemic emergency and it’s an option that benefits my family. The moment this is relaxed I’m back on my own shopping again. I can only order a limited food supply otherwise and there are 4 week waiting lists for delivery slots.

he is not fooling me. I know he wanted me to see the injuries. He could have worn a long sleeve top to hide his arm. All it did in fact was add more weight to my own feelings about how leaving him was the right thing to do and omg how grateful I am not to be in a lockdown situation with him! 😩🙏

Old 04-10-2020, 08:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

RB,

You are doing great.this is a crazy time.

Do wipe down anything he brings over, and wash your hands after. Otherwise, you might as well have him walk in, hug everybody and lick the tea kettle.

Darned virus...
Old 04-13-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

More lies...

well as I read here a lot .... “more will be revealed..” and it’s so true!!!

He changed his story about his fall when talking to me 19 year old daughter - he told her he’d actually been knocked unconscious and woken up with blood on his head. He’s also badly bruised his leg. It’s black and blue. He’s either exaggerating his story further because he didn’t get the reaction he wanted from me or this is the more truthful version.

I also discovered yesterday that he’d bought our son an expensive camera for the school trip to Nepal (the one he signed him up for against my wishes as I can’t afford it and hasn’t as yet paid a penny off &#128580 it’s a go pro type of camera. He told him to keep it secret from me because I’d have a go at him about the money he’s spent. (He bought it months ago and wasn’t paying me any maintenance!)

i don’t care if he wants to buy him 10 cameras but I do care about the lies and secrets.

im actually thankful for this reveal. No longer do I feel so bad about going for my share of the house!! He’s a narcissist and I can see through the games he’s playing.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life is good

When involved with active addiction/alcoholism, lies are a given.

Early recovery, too.

It's part and parcel of this illness.

HOW I recover (acronym): honest, open-minded, willing

As I change, everything in my life improves in every way. Sometimes it's via "strangely wrapped gifts" along the way.

You've got this. You are doing great. Kudos!!
Old 04-13-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I'm shocked by that Nepal story. Will he end up paying for it? Shame on him for messing with your son like that.