More is always revealed....

Old 01-13-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More is always revealed....

So... I got an email yesterday that there was an account statement available for a joint bank account my XAH and I still have. I was curious as to whether there was any money in it or not (it was just an account that was solely used to pay the mortgage, and that house has been sold) and if I should just close it. Anyway, I logged into the account for probably the first time in a year. It had $50. Score!

But I looked at the activity from the past year. It was solely mortgage payments, except for one charge for $80. I googled the name of the company, and it ended up being a company that ONLY sells drug identification test strips (and a few accessories like a mini scale and empty test vials). Not the ones for urine, but the ones similar to what police officers use to test to see what the white powder they find in someone's pocket is. They also have "purity" tests than you can use to see how good your cocaine is, for example. But they have tests for all sorts of drugs.

I was shocked.

I am thinking he might be testing for fentanyl or something like that. He has 'back pain' and I wouldn't be surprised if all the money he has been spending has been on pain killers.

My gut always told me something illegal was going on, but I had no proof, so I just chalked his behavior, weight loss, appearance changes to the adderall prescription he started taking right before he moved out.

There is no innocent explanation for someone spending money on drug identification test strips, right?

I'm just keeping this to myself right now. I don't have any plans to confront him about it. I am not sure what it would accomplish. Is something like this too circumstantial to use for court? He is keeping it together pretty well right now, and I'm not currently interested in changing the custody schedule (he has every other weekend only). I am closely monitoring him, though, as I don't think that can last forever.

On a side note, I also had dinner with him and his family for Christmas Eve--and he 'accidentally' ordered an espresso martini ("I didn't think it had any alcohol in it!"). I told him I didn't really care if he drank it. I really didn't. But then he told me that he had a total of 7 drinks since he 'quit drinking' a couple years ago. That when he has hung out with his friends, he just sips on one beer all night. That he is okay as long as he doesn't get past a certain point of intoxication. That all may be true, but I don't believe it is sustainable. quack quack
Old 01-13-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh dear Autumn. This doesn't look very good . . . .well, nothing like having your past decisions confirmed as solid choices.

I hope every thing else in your life is going well.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess he left out the, I only need a few sips because I have my cocaine (or whatever he is using) - part.

You are right, there is no reason for him to buy from that company other than what you surmise. He's using the drugs and you know that.

Is the evidence too circumstantial, yes, I think so, it's all legal I'm sure.

I just hope he's not high as a kite when the kiddies are there.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I guess he left out the, I only need a few sips because I have my cocaine (or whatever he is using) - part.

You are right, there is no reason for him to buy from that company other than what you surmise. He's using the drugs and you know that.

Is the evidence too circumstantial, yes, I think so, it's all legal I'm sure.

I just hope he's not high as a kite when the kiddies are there.

My gut says he is okay with our son right now. He was always a binge drinker. He would pretend to go on work trips but actually go to a hotel and drink for a few days. It was his way of blowing off steam, I guess. The rest of the time he was a fairly 'normal' drinker. Which is why I had no idea until he ended up locking himself in a room and drinking for 4 days pretending to be sick.

Anyway, I think he uses the 12 days he has 'off' from his son to binge.

I know that's a stage in a progressive disease. I'm keeping an eye on him. I'm saving whatever circumstantial evidence I have in multiple places in case I need to fight him, when that time comes.

(ETA: that previous sentence sounds a little harsh reading it back. I didn't mean it that way. This just sucks and I'm doing the best I can, trying not to be in denial )
Old 01-13-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

AutumnMama…...lol...if I am ever the defendant in a court trial....I want you in the jury...because you seem very eager to believe a good story...…
lol.....(I have a twisted sense of humor)…….
Old 01-13-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ummm I think you sound like you have your eyes wide open. That’s real, not harsh.

I wish you and your son love and peace and healing.