Lost In OC

Old 05-20-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Does this work?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=48141

Mr C, I really feel the pain that you have been going through this past year. I have to ask, though, what is your payoff for dwelling on these thoughts? You seem so locked into this pattern of thinking that it is bound to be a circle of despair. This thread is 18 pages long, however you don't seem to identify with and post on other peoples' threads. What are you DOING to get yourself out of this cycle.

Please know that I say this with love and compassion. I am not trying to beat you up about this, however life is too short not to take advantage of all the good things that are out there. We have all been in the situation you describe - after all, we wouldn't be posting on here if life was a bed of roses.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:13 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

You made a good point Minnie..Christian, don't think for once that people that respond to other people's threads "have their act together"..cause I really don't..some days are better than others for me..Sometimes when I try and help others, its actually mental therapy for myself.. (and trust me, I need all the mental therapy I can get) ha
Old 05-20-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

*raises her hand for more mental therapy*

Me tooooo please
Old 05-20-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Minnie..
I in fact a couple days ago started posting on other threads. You must have missed it.
I guess I really wasnt posting because I thought I was so messed up, how could I help another?

Now as far as the circle. I think being in love with someone might tend to do that.
I dont know, I can just speak for myself.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:54 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Good for you!
So much for me copying a shortcut...
Sometimes it's easier to think that your own opinions/experiences etc... don't make a difference but you never know what you have to say may just literally save that person's or another person reading's life.

I look at when things were at their worst for me, I hadn't found a board like this... and there were some pretty dark days where I would have loved to have some one to talk/type to or get feedback from... so I try to pass forward my own compassion for myself and learn some more life lessons along the way.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:43 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Thanks RiverCityBelle,

I did follow the link. It touched on so many things I have been going through.
My wife and I were meshed in every way, so taking that part of me and ripping it away is the most painful thing I had ever felt.
I guess that is the best way to explain it.

It's very hard not to call or send her a letter, I still feel like I have so much to say.
But, I get nothing in return, not even a thank you. No hellos, or how are you,,,, nothing.

Am I still alive? I think I'm still here.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:24 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Christian -

As Dr. Phil says, "what is the payoff you are receiving" for hanging on to this relationship? Why are you fighting so hard to hang on to the dream of your relationship instead of allowing yourself to move forward? It can't feel good to continue to grieve as much as you do. It hurts terribly to have your hopes and dreams destroyed but as long as you keep trying to figure out why she thinks and acts the way she does it doesn't leave much room for you to move forward and start to leave the pain behind. Continuing to obsess about what you can do to fix things and what went wrong is robbing you of your future. Are you able to enjoy the little things in life like a blooming flower, kids laughing and giggling, a sunny day, the wind in your face? You get the idea. When you are able to notice and enjoy the small things is when you know that you are on the road back. You are at a fork in that road and I hope you are able to choose the one that is best for you.

Hugs, Jo
Old 05-22-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Now as far as the circle. I think being in love with someone might tend to do that.
I have asked you before - what does love mean to you?

This doesn't sound like love, it sounds like obsession. My ex seems to be obsessed with me and it is actually a scary place to be, both for him and me. I have made it clear to him that I no longer want a relationship with him. I can understand why he might not hear my words, but for goodness sake, I moved to the other end of the country to get away from him!

You will never understand why your wife has done the things she has and why she isn't coming back. I'm fairly certain that even she hasn't the slightest inkling. But she has made it quite clear that your relationship is over. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but you are wasting your life dwelling on the past.

I understand that it is tremendously painful. If we enmesh ourselves so much with another, then it is painful to have that part of us removed. But remove them we must, even if we are still in a relationship. Losing ourselves in another surely cannot be a healthy way to live.

I hope you are able to grab your future with both hands.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 05-22-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hey C-

I see this from a different viewpoint...because you and I see each other now and again and talk things over from time to time.

When you were able to let go...just a little...you were almost immediately blessed. New job, better income, it happened. But that has more to do with your physical/household comfort. I honestly believe Minnie is right...this has become an obcession. You KNOW better in your mind, but you are having trouble convincing your heart.

We've all said it..THE ONLY ONE YOU CAN CHANGE IS YOU And, IF YOU KEEP DOING THE SAME THINGS YOU'RE GOING TO GET THE SAME RESULTS!
Your wife may or may not ever "get it". You are allowing negative emotions and someone else to have control over you. And, you keep doing the same things, waiting for her, reaching out for her. Unlike our DVD machines, people do not have a PAUSE button...it's time to move forward, Mr. C. Release the "pause". Open your mind and heart to new people and new adventures. DO NEW THINGS! Your wife will always reside somewhere in your heart, but that's the marvelous thing about hearts...their capacity is unlimited.

You're my pal and I speak from my heart and as you know, often a bit bluntly. I have visions of us still networking ten years from now, both successful in our careers AND with joy filled personal lives. WE CAN DO IT!
Old 05-22-2005, 01:30 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Am I still alive? I think I'm still here.
Would you consider yourself a walking, talking, clear thinking human being? As God intended us to be?

No matter how wonderful, grand, awesome...blah blah blah the past may have been at one time of your lives, you can't focus on it and hope she's going to get a dose of fairy dust and everything will be peachy. It's the here and now...continuing to live in the past will keep you there and will keep you unhealthy.

This thread has been going on for months. I too wondered if you were obcessed with her. Very unhealthy. There is much love to be had out there. What you're holding onto isn't love. My worry for you is that you're missing all the wonderful things out there because of your fixation. Just take a few moments to ask yourself...how can you be in love with someone who doesn't and won't reciprocate the feelings and emotion? It's like wishing for the frog to turn into a prince. Impossible. Makes me wonder if there isn't something else going on.

Let Go and Let God.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Thank you all for writing.

Obsession, yes I often wonder that myself. Where is that line of love that turns into obsession?
I have done a great deal new stuff for myself and I often wonder when the “pain” will end or if it ever does.
I guess a lot of this can be my own doing of dwelling in the past of my life with my family, but then again a decade with a wife and child are not easy to let go of and say “NEXT!”

I took a nice ride today with the top down in the car. It’s in the 90’s here right now, perfect weather.

Last night I went to a friend’s house from Alanon. He had a movie night in his backyard on a projection screen.
It was nice.
I have taken a look at a lot this weekend and thoughts abound. I do understand what you all are saying, I really do.

I have a lunch date tomorrow. Yep that’s right. I met a girl that works in the same bldg. that I do, and we are going to lunch.
I’m a bit nervous to tell you the truth; In fact I just spoke to her a few moments ago. She was out shopping with her mother and really could not talk too much, but did confirm that we were on for Monday.

Please understand this feels really strange for me. It just does. But I’m going to do it.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Yay!!! That's the spirit!!

I would never, ever say that getting over the hurt is easy. I do know, however, that we are all too precious to stay stuck in a rut.

Hope the date goes well. Just chill and enjoy it.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 05-22-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Mr. C.

Do your luncheon with total abundance. No strings attached. Have fun and don't allow any thoughts to intrude and ruin your day.

Blessings
Old 05-23-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Congrads on the Lunchon...

BTW Mr. C, I do know exactaly how you fee.... hence me going to Al-non. Even though Im doing things, working, dating, church etc.... I still feel stuck... I still have issues with it all and Im still not over him.

But I will be ... hopefully soon but I know I will be over this one day, I know if I just keep doing the next step it has to stop hurting.... maybe its faith.

Just keep doing and the rest is bound to come
Old 05-23-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

You go Christian!!! Hope you have a nice lunch date!
Old 05-23-2005, 04:27 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

mr c - now that's what i like to hear. i hope the "strange" feeling goes away soon and you enjoy your lunch!
Old 05-23-2005, 08:27 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hi,

The lunch went well.
It was funny she didn’t show up for work till about an half hour before lunch.
I was getting a bit worried, but that’s my nature.
She looked nice and we ate outside at a little Mexican place near work.
I made sure the conversation was light and I focused it all on her.
I thought it went well, I enjoyed it and she looked happy and we laugh a lot so I was pleased.

So , I guess I can exhale now.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Good job! That's good you focused on her too, so at least you were in the moment......
Old 05-24-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Good work Mr. Christian.