Origin of your Screen Name

Old 09-18-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

aasharon90......Ha! I had already figured yours out.....lol...
Old 09-18-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ihopeherotsinhellthef***********
Was already taken!

Last edited by Seren; 09-20-2019 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Family Friendly Rule
Old 09-18-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry moderator.. Normally you *** out my filthy gob. I'll go stand in the corner.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Milano58,

You can come out of the corner for time already served.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milano58 View Post
sorry moderator.. Normally you *** out my filthy gob. I'll go stand in the corner.
😆😆
Old 09-18-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm from Australia. Could you tell? Wombats are my favourite animals. There is a series of kids books about wombats that I adored reading to my chn.
They are herbivorous marsupials, burrow, are strong and stocky, and look hilarious when they squeal and run. Unlike me, although im not a very graceful runner!
The ones in captivity love a good belly scratch. I knew a lady who knew a lady who did wildlife care and kept them in a corrugated iron pen in her living room. We visited them and took them carrots and oats (like they ate in the book).
straight 'wombat' was taken. The 'icus'? Cant really remember. But Aussies are always shortening long words and lengthening short words.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
mine's pretty straightforward.....i have a head harder than cement, thus ANVIL. some say i have just about as much finesse..........LOL
Can always tell its your comment/post by reading it, and i scroll up and see your name...ah, of course it is.
You bring a different perspective. Stops me wallowing when i read your responses to others.
I think about the roadrunner cartoons when I think of anvils. Lol
Old 09-18-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am a Mom and my son (qualifier) is jj - Made sense and still does as that has never changed.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ironwill View Post
Milano58,

You can come out of the corner for time already served.
Thanks.. I doubt I'll be out for long. 😜
Old 09-18-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ummmm......
Let's see.......��
My first post was about my alcoholic sister.

By the way,
(I'm the Sister of that Sister)........

I was so upset and confused, that I didn't even think about using another username.

Just needed advice and help. And it came. And I happily took it.

Thanks, Sober Recovery!
Old 09-18-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

MyGirlGracie was a name that popped up when I registered because "Gracie" was my only source of comfort when I was lost and confused. Gracie was my beautiful Dobermann who passed away the next year in 2012. I am still grieving her, but smile every time I log in here as I carry her memory in my heart. Also, the photo with my screen name is a Crape Myrtle that she used to love to relax under in the shade so, I get two smiles in one!
Old 09-18-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MyGirlGracie…..what a beautiful backstory...….
***we have a lot of crepe myrtle in my area.....love it, also.....
Old 09-18-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

It’s a Pixies song from my youth about a slightly nutbag lady digging in a hole on the side of the road, gleefully trying to accomplish something absurd. It is both inspiring and maybe futile. Like so much we strive for, at varying moments. To me it’s trying to achieve something while not being too serious about myself.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Our first home was built in 1755 and made of brick and fieldstone. It had a huge barn and was on six acres. We were young and didn't know what to do with all that land, so we contacted the local 4H club and we soon had neighbor's young people using the property to raise chickens, two pygmy goats, and seven sheep (and spring lambs a few times when the ram came for a visit). Sheep graze the land and keep the grass clipped but goats are very destructive! All those kids worked so hard with their animals! It was a delight and we really benefited -- fresh eggs and a picturesque view. We had many barn cats as well. It was a great experience. We let a local farm have visitors park on the front of the property during a festival they had every year and someone passing by asked us how we liked being sheepherders! We laughed so hard. Mr and Mrs Sheepherder indeed! Hardly. If they only knew. It was one of the best times of our life. I miss it.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey, Glenjo.
I was getting my teaching degree and cert.
I used to hit tennis balls on the backstop during my lunch break on nice days, and that was when I first noticed Maud.
She was hunting.
I was friendly with the lawn maintenance guys, and they told me that she had been hanging around and sometimes they gave her meat from their sandwiches. They were good guys.
So I started feeding her, and the friendship began.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Mine was totally random, it is movie and I’m not even sure I have ever seen it. It also is spelled wrong which was not on purpose, guess it didn’t catch that w when I registered. I mostly needed something totally random because I was worried that my now ex would be on here as well. He read a couple of my posts on a forum that I have been on for years (he knew I was on that one) and that has a lot of different themes one of which was recovery and that is where I had posted when everything went to hell 3 years ago. I figured there was good chance he’d find this one as he might be looking for support himself. Anyway, long story shot, absolutely no significance for me whatsoever, it just randomly popped up in my head
Old 09-18-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Same for me, Sleepyhollo. I picked a random word so nobody would figure out who I was. Several other people had told me about this site so I wanted some anonymity. I THINK I looked at the huge pile of books I always have on my nightstand and used an author's last name.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Hey, Glenjo.
I was getting my teaching degree and cert.
I used to hit tennis balls on the backstop during my lunch break on nice days, and that was when I first noticed Maud.
She was hunting.
I was friendly with the lawn maintenance guys, and they told me that she had been hanging around and sometimes they gave her meat from their sandwiches. They were good guys.
So I started feeding her, and the friendship began.
That's lovely Maudcat.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

My first username, when I joined SR in '16 was 'Icarus'. Carefully chosen- about a guy who builds stupid waxwings, does not listen to warnings and flies too close to the sun- his wings melt and he fell to earth.

Considering I had a downfall with getting badly burned- it seemed apt.

BUT- folks here advised me I had changed over time, as my words apparently showed and it was suggested Phoenix- rising from the ashes, stronger, always seeking rebirth....so with some irony, I took the name. I am fond of it now. I know others who have had their sobriety date tattooed on their body, or wear a necklace with some symbolic meaning...I bought a fancy watch and had 'PhoenixJ' inscribed on the back...also did the below art...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pho3.jpg (8.4 KB, 108 views)
Old 09-19-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

After I stopped drinking, waking up in the morning with no regret about the night before.