Stronger than you know - post yours!

Old 06-08-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Stronger than you know - post yours!

One of the recovery groups I go to is called "Stronger Than You Know".

My "stronger than you know" realizations today:

My first job is being a mom. With this CPS case I've honed many skills in kindness, waiting, driving many miles to simply be somewhere for my son for a brief event, etc. that I also did for our grown kids when they were little in different ways, having lived on ranches then, too. Simply writing this and recognizing it brings a smile to my heart. It's in the small moments the foundations of lives are built.

Second job: photography. I'm ready to start this again and writing down my intent to do so.

Third possible job: business owner/barista. More will be revealed by HP in the next few weeks. I'm finding more life-balance in the process of exploring this opportunity.

Fourth "job": student. I'd like to start taking classes in the city. My goal is fall 2020.

The intents that flow through these are: ease, fun, adventuring, playfulness, exploring, science, healthy living and healthy finances.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stonger than I know: I like it!

1) bought a tractor and am using it to clear my land. Nope didn't grown up on a farm. My neighbor told me for the 3rd time "I am so very impressed with you, you are just cruising along getting stuff done. I was so much more timid with my first tractor" (this is a man 10 years older than me who worked on a ranch in his 20's)
2) I have fixed/built a ridiculous number of things, sprinkler system, replaced electronic motherboard, sprayed my own fields for weed control after building my own pump sprayer, built my own horse stalls, trimmed the 40 trees in my yard, cut down three trees, built three separate pastures with hotwire, Broke then repaired a fence Installed stock tanks with auto fillers, negotiated a contract. Got a building permit, fought my own property taxes.
When I was in my 20's I would have never been scared and its nice to know that with all the inner work I have done over the last few years, that girl still exists and I didn't lose her she was just waiting for me to let her loose.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I fixed our dishwasher. There's something very rewarding about doing something like that...something technical, something that most would call a "man's job". It saved us the cost of having a handyman come over, and I must say, I was pretty proud to be able to take it apart and put it back together again. YouTube is a wonderful thing!
Old 06-18-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Having severe RA in my hands hasn't stopped me from sewing and quilting. This weekend I was sharing some of my pics and was complimented on how creative and talented I was. Although all my life I have not been able to accept compliments very well, it was nice to hear.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I took apart my fridge and fixed it myself the other day. It tried to beat me but I won LOL!

My XAH tried to tell my children a big story that was not true and was offensive to me at lunch on Father's Day (I was not there, they told me later). I was not triggered and just said that is the version of the truth he needs to believe to get through the day, and that is OK. It took a lot to say that, but I did and moved on.

I forced myself to go to a social event for work yesterday that was optional. I did not want to go but as usual, went and had a great time because I forced myself out of my box.

Thanks for this post Mango. It reminds us of the good, and we can always use that!