Terrified my child will end up dead .. desperate for answers

Old 04-15-2019, 06:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leana View Post
Hi Tina
I was hoping it would go better. If you have on Comcast on demand watch the show "Dope Sick Nation" . Great 1 season reality show about Florida drug problem. They show how many kids go to Florida for rehab and end up on the streets bc rehabs and sober living houses in Florida especially, are run by crooks who are only looking at over charging insurance companies. They call it the Florida rehab shuffle. And when these kids run out of money and insurance they are out on the streets with no way to get back home. So sad
This is is what I was trying to comment on but I could not remember the details. I didn't want to give incorrect information but this is it.
Thank you for the input, Action
Old 08-06-2019, 01:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

There is a solution

HI,

Thanks for your post and i'm sorry to hear. Addiction certainly is cunning and baffling and is the only illness i know which will sometime force family to have to turn there back on there own family. There is a solution though.

I'm in recovery myself and battled endlessly until i was finally beaten enough to A) ask for help and B) put in the work required to overcome the illness. I was expelled from school, messed up exams and stole from family and friends constantly to drink. I was diagnosed with alcoholism at the age of 18, i attended my first in patient treatment program at the age of 19 suffice to say i was not ready or willing to change. I played and manipulated my loved ones constantly in order to obtain the funds and means to continue my using with little to no regard of what i was doing to them or putting them through. when i was 22 i thought i had enough, lost the girl i though i was in love with and after another drinking spree which involved yet another hospital visit i thought i was ready so i rocked up at the doors of AA in London ready to give it a go and i did, i went through the 12 steps and worked the program on a daily basis, i wish i could leave it there but Alcohol and drugs are subtle foes... I stopped the meetings and stopped working the program, finished university still sober and the girl had come back into my life. I was offered a job in New York and decided i could drink again, the brakes came off and very quickly the insanity returned, i was posted to Dubai and the binges came closer and closer together needless to say the girl left again and the family started to push me away. After i was fired i returned to London and tried AA again, i went in and out multiple times in a 3 year period managing to obtain 3-6 weeks of sobriety each time, i had multiple sponsors who tried to help me but in my mind they were the fault and the reason i kept going in and out, My father ever loyal ensured i wasnt homeless and supported me in many ways which i used with efficiency. I WAS incapable of taking responsibility and being honest with anyone including myself, the usual things happened Homelessness, Destitution, Bankruptcy, multiple hospital visits and countless relationships. I moved to Asia for work and again the drinking continued destined for 6 feet under i continued and give up on AA and sobriety. What happened for me the in was divine intervention and love from my father. As i sat in my flat (now in Marocco) i was sitting drinking alone, having just been fired from job number 25, something happened, a real gift. I saw my life go before me, (it didnt look good) then i had a flash that i could change and the sudden urge to do so over took me.

I opted was fortunate my father gave me the opportunity to attend in treatment rehab in South Africa, which i jumped at with all haste, the game was up for me and i could feel it in my heart the drinking was done with furthermore alcohol was not doing what i wanted it do, felt miserable with and with out it, if i was to continue the doctors would have been rite and i would be dead by 30. I went down to SA attend treatment in a facility which prides itself on being the final treatment center you will need. A lot of foreigners go there due to the costs and environments being much nicer than other places. I got involved in the program and picked up a new sponsor, My father supported me and now my family are back in my life, my friends are back, i have a piece and serenity which is more wonderful as time passes and have a career in a industry i never thought i would be in.

I'm now 28 and life is opening up, what i'm trying to say is i had to beat myself into the ground many times before i was willing to help myself, what people told me went over my head and i wasn't interested. I got ready to listen and opened up. Went through the steps which changed my whole outlook and attitude. I did treatment and went through the steps for me and so i didn't have to be that person again. This is a illness that centers in the mind and tells the carrier they don't have it. I help others now and give back, when i look back on who i was i cringe and cant believe who tat guy is. Most importantly i give back and im there for ym family who now trust me. Dont give up, there is a way out and there are people willing to help. i'm more than willing. Feel free to get in touch.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So sorry you are going through this..

Please, please keep posting. You are doing well detaching as much as you can. It's so important that you stay strong for you and your other children. I can't imagine a worse pain than not being able to help a child, even an adult one. We read a lot on here about spouses fearing for their loved ones and having to step back can be so painful even when it's the right thing to do. But you can do this.. Its tough love but it's absolute love, for yourself and your daughter.

I hope she heals.. We'll I hope they all do. Everybody is somebody's child.

Big hugs!!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️