Tidying: keep the things that bring you joy

Old 02-26-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Tidying: keep the things that bring you joy

The Magic of Tidying Up:

The magic of tidying dramatically transforms your life.

I'm journaling today and recognizing how much "tidying" and strong phases of growth in my recovery have coincided. No coincidence.

The waning gibous moon phase starts soon and I'm planning a time to rest, restore and have an awareness of the positive energy connections in life.

Today seems to be a great time to clean, tidy, appreciate and Marie Kondo's methods have enough nuggets to revisit often. Music on. Enjoyment of life.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In the Netflix series, Marie Kondo asks the client: "What do you want to take with you into your future?"

The magic in tidying up is freeing ourselves of who we used to be. Going through the ideas, behaviors, rules and things that we have accumulated, saying "thank you" to the ones that have served us but are no longer necessary and keeping only what will take us where we want to go: to a life of enjoyment. It is so helpful to ask myself every day: What do I want to take with me into my future?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

The hurt that naturally occurs within many alcoholic households affected every part of my life. We had a lot of good things as a family. It came down, for me, to finding great release from the pain through letting go of material items that were with us. All the good keeps coming back into my life in new, better ways.

I don't regret letting go of anything. Along with those things, anger, pain, etc. are gone. Layers of healing. Now the good is coming in many ways.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
... letting go of material items that were with us. All the good keeps coming back into my life in new, better ways.

Mother Nature is always sifting out what no longer serves and is simultaneously making room for the new and the better. A (naturally occurring) forest fire may at first look tragic, but in a few days you can see seedlings sprouting up now that the sunlight and soil are at optimum conditions for new growth. Sorting through our accumulated objects and thoughts, thanking and saying goodbye to what's no longer needed, is the necessary first step in allowing something much better to find us. We don't need to clean an entire house to experience this - just going through one closet will give us the start. Sort though one pile of papers and you will feel a shift.