TGIF - what are you doing for Fun/Self Care this weekend?

Old 01-18-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I bought a some paint to paint a hutch that I have not liked the color since I bought it--almost 2 years ago! Something I can do while the snow flies.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Watching Football, sober. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Doing something social outside my comfort zone.... and bring the dessert
Old 01-19-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CoralRose View Post
I bought a some paint to paint a hutch that I have not liked the color since I bought it--almost 2 years ago! Something I can do while the snow flies.
Go Coral! Don't you just love FINALLY doing that project you have been walking by for x number of years.

What colour are you painting it?
Old 01-19-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
Doing something social outside my comfort zone.... and bring the dessert
Cling to the dessert SBM, I hope it's more fun than you think. What's for dessert? Need details folks lol
Old 01-19-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
What's for dessert?
Well...I'm still thinking about that. My husband has told me what he would like me to bring..... but it's so hard to please people with today's dietary conundrums... no sugar, no artificial sugar, no carbs, no gluten, no dairy, no nuts... maybe I'll bring a big bowl of ice....

I know I'm over thinking due to the situation (and because that's what I do)... I am leaning towards making the individual sized layered dessert my husband wants (in both sugar-free and sugar-full versions). Not sure I have enough "containers" to do it though: the bottom layer is pudding, berries or fruit on top of that, then jello on top of that, then topped with whipped cream. It can be done in a myriad of different flavor combinations and looks really pretty done in a fancy drink glass. It's a bit time consuming since you have to let things set to the right temperature and consistency between layers.

Or I could just make a couple pies and have a lot easier time transporting dessert from here to there....
Old 01-19-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
Or I could just make a couple pies and have a lot easier time transporting dessert from here to there....
Both sound delicious but yes, pies are so much easier to transport and who doesn't like pie!

I think you are really thoughtful taking all those different people in to consideration, that wouldn't have crossed my mind, I would have just made a "regular" pie and off I would go haha (bag of ice, that made me laugh).
Old 01-19-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Self care for me this weekend is running my diffuser with peppermint oil to get rid of my headache and watching Ina Garten on the food channel - I love Ina.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sounds good trail! Hope your headache eases up soon!

That's a good idea with the diffuser. You've inspired me to do similar! I caught a cold on the train to London (it was meant to be a 4.5 hour journey but got delayed halfway down there so was stuck on train for 8 hours and it was freezing! )

When i get home tonight I'm gonna steam my face with some eucalyptus oil. Then have hot tea in bed with a good movie!
Old 01-25-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life is good

Three things on my self-care list this weekend:

new job - Higher Power, please give me signs!

yoga

meditation
Old 01-26-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Life is good

Two possible new jobs. Great contacts, people, communication and I'm enjoying this process.

Neither is financially beneficial for where my goals are. I really am enjoying the connections through this.

Adding the intention of: financial abundance.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

While cleaning my house (not fun), I listened to Abraham Hicks' teachings on You Tube (uplifting AND fun!) Abraham makes me giggle sometimes, as does my AH's annoyance at me cleaning with ear buds in. I'm not exactly sure why it bothers him so...

Rewarded myself for the cleaning with a nice, long Epsom salt soak in the tub.

Next up is a good movie or maybe start binge watching a Netflix series.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Once again, I told them "NO!!!!"
Old 01-28-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I threw batting practice to DS's team at practice on Saturday. With the 200 pitches on Saturday, and the 200 the Wednesday before - that's a lot for this old body! Sunday morning was rough, but I'm better now! Listened to a wonderful university chorus Sunday afternoon - those kids were amazing!
Old 02-01-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
Once again, I told them "NO!!!!"
This is my favorite so far.

This weekend I plan to:
  • Take a long bike ride tonight to clear my head (weather permitting)
  • Do some thrift shopping with DD tomorrow
  • This morning I replaced my bath scrub & toothbrush - basic but awesome self care
  • Schedule a foot massage for asap
  • Go dancing with my friends - we're going out early this weekend, doing dinner & some shopping before heading out for the evening and of course, we'll be out late enough to grab breakfast on the way home.
  • Yoga - I've been neglecting this & only doing the minimum to stay limber..... I need to commit to a daily practice again & get back in touch with this habit.
  • Finding a hotel room for an even we have coming up in a couple of weeks in another part of the state & picking a weekend for my annual girl's getaway with friends to the beach in the early part of the summer.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Life is good

Last weekend I went for a long drive with music on, watched a movie at a theater I enjoy, ate popcorn and practiced this art of relaxation.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Today is my Friday at work, so I'm already counting down until the end of my work day. (just over 4 hours to go, lol)

Husband is taking DD to a performance at her music school to see a pianist/storyteller. While I hate missing stuff like this with her, they have music as a common hobby so it's easy to step aside for a bonding moment when she's only allotted for a +1, not 2. Plus, hello, time alone? Yes, please!

I'm going to jack up the volume on my music & play pool until I'm sick of it. I bought myself a new stick a few weeks ago & I keep hearing it call my name..... I know it's a busy weekend ahead so I will also make sure to stay on top of yoga, meditation, etc.

I am going to a big community yard sale on Saturday morning with my BFF after we hit the beach Friday night. I'm overdue for yoga in the sand.

Saturday evening is a local bike night event which is ALWAYS a blast, then afterward I'm still on the hunt for local music since one of my fave local bands broke up recently.

Sunday is a birthday dinner with a friend of more than 20 years..... she called & said she'd had enough drama with people & she just wants to celebrate with those that have walked through these last 10 hellish years with her (without judging) while she crashed & burned & then rebuilt herself through recovery. She just wants to spend her birthday appreciating the people that matter in her life with an intimate dinner instead of having a huge, expensive & shallow party (which is what her BF generally does). I am most flattered that she includes DD as one of these people special to her - not because she's my daughter, but because she really sees her value as an independent person.

I hope to find something amazing for her gift while I'm out shopping with DD - IDK what that "thing" is, but I'll recognize it when I see it. She gave me a gorgeous bracelet for my bday a few weeks back & bought it's twin for herself - they are like Celtic friendship bracelets & meant to honor our soul connection/sisterhood being stronger than ever even after all of these years & all of the hardships we have faced.

Hmmm...... I better squeeze a nap in somewhere.....
Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self-care: Al-anon meetings today and Sunday.

Fun:

Assembling Valentine's packages for people I love. Stuffies, self-love fun-easy type books, etc.

Self-care and fun: movies, pad thai, yoga, meditation