Angry in detachment.

Old 10-21-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm you 12 weeks ago (you just commented on my post). I decided to block his texts and emails as soon as I moved out my stuff today because I know any contact with him will retrigger me. This is why today I needed him to not be there like he promised. I needed to not put myself in the position of saying more words when there was nothing else to be said that would leave me with my dignity. I'm going to try to focus my anger back on organizing my place again and creating a plan with some short and long term goals to move forward. I wish you well and keep venting!
Old 10-21-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Am struggling as well. I felt I was doing good the past few months but a few weeks ago I had a set back, been missing him, crying almost everyday, wanting to text him....I wont because I feel I made it this far and I know I am better off but this sucks. Maybe it is because I am alone now and just missing being with someone. I was watching House Hunters and was incredibly sad that I don’t have anyone to house hunt with, I dont have anyone to talk about my day to (eventhough he never cared or listened) I never had an issue with being by myself so really not sure what is going on.

Hang in there and know that it is hard but just keep moving forward.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michsm View Post
Am struggling as well. I felt I was doing good the past few months but a few weeks ago I had a set back, been missing him, crying almost everyday, wanting to text him....I wont because I feel I made it this far and I know I am better off but this sucks. Maybe it is because I am alone now and just missing being with someone. I was watching House Hunters and was incredibly sad that I don’t have anyone to house hunt with, I dont have anyone to talk about my day to (eventhough he never cared or listened) I never had an issue with being by myself so really not sure what is going on.

Hang in there and know that it is hard but just keep moving forward.
Thanks, I'll keep hanging in there. Similar to you before he came along I didn't have an issue with being alone so much. Maybe underneath I secretly did and it was unearthed through meeting him, not sure. Wonder what that's about too. The setbacks can be so sneaky. Hang in there too.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fightingfair View Post
I'm you 12 weeks ago (you just commented on my post). I decided to block his texts and emails as soon as I moved out my stuff today because I know any contact with him will retrigger me. This is why today I needed him to not be there like he promised. I needed to not put myself in the position of saying more words when there was nothing else to be said that would leave me with my dignity. I'm going to try to focus my anger back on organizing my place again and creating a plan with some short and long term goals to move forward. I wish you well and keep venting!
That's why I commented on your thread. That pain is one I will never forget as long as I live. I won't give you advice as I don't feel it helpful, but in here is really great to vent and for me I try do a day at a time right now, sometimes an hour at a time. Wish you well too