Superego - The survival system that is also a prison

Old 10-13-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Superego - The survival system that is also a prison

Hi everyone, does anyone have any knowledge or insight they could share on what is known as the 'superego' / 'wounded psyche' ?

I came across the term today via a video post (Trailmix had shared on Glenjo's thread) where a life coach talks about the "superego injunction"... it resonated with me so I googled and came across this article:

http://www.danielasieff.com/wp-conte...2008-JN-b..pdf

It's new learning and resonates a lot. Always wondered why there seems to be so much internal conflict going on in my head sometimes... and I could not differentiate between ego or inner critic, or inner child and intuition ... It was never so simple to me to just split the psyche into two parts... so learning this is eye opening and reminds me of the book "Women Who Run With the Wolves" in the way our minds have many archetypal characters going on at once.

So I'm recognising that my superego is pretty harsh and self-persecuting.... and is not just triggered by the people I'm in a relationship with... but unconsciously triggered whenever I feel a sense of new hope in life, and new chapter of happiness...

Does anyone else relate to this? And how do you personally separate the parts of your psyche? And could you share the ways in which you've been able to heal this part of you?
Old 10-13-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wow.….the art in that article is very intense!
Old 10-13-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I thought so too!!!

Evidently, the most intense and meaningful art, music and films I've experienced are made by those who have very damaged superegos...!!

Old 10-13-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

…….or damaged egos......
Old 10-13-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep... simply damaged...!
Old 10-13-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surfbee View Post
So I'm recognising that my superego is pretty harsh and self-persecuting.... and is not just triggered by the people I'm in a relationship with... but unconsciously triggered whenever I feel a sense of new hope in life, and new chapter of happiness...

Does anyone else relate to this? And how do you personally separate the parts of your psyche? And could you share the ways in which you've been able to heal this part of you?
Well I had to look at the art! That's scary lol

I don't have time to read it right now but I will check it out later. Glad you found the video interesting!

In case anyone else is wondering it's this video here. Spartan Life Coach (Richard Grannon):