Abraham Hicks teachings?

Old 10-19-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Yes. ... A hobby, project, charitable act. Call another friend & tell them you just want to talk about THEIR world for an hour & take your attention fully away from yourself - stuff like that.
It's ALWAYS about the Rising.
One day at a time. Just like this. ^^^

Old 10-19-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glenjo…...Iol...I will give you the point that I might make some assumptions, as it is hard to get the full Gestalt (lol) on the internet.
I am making my comments from what you have typed.
You say that you can't have someone "just" listen to you...because you are a codependent. Or that you can't join groups of like minded because you are not outgoing....or, at least, you don't make concerted effort to do it.
You say that structured grieving is a good idea...but, never get around to it.
Or, exercise that required intricate movements...because that requires one to get out of their "head" and focus on body movements, only. I do think that yoga is good...but you are already doing that.
I got the impression that you would like to have someone listen to you talk about your lost loved one...when you said that my post about it made you cry and that you felt a need to talk.....
I've gotten the idea that you could use more face-to face human interactions....as most of your activities seem to be individual activities. You seem to stay inside your own head, so much.....by that, I mean to an excess that might go beyond helpful....(that old perfectionistic thing)…..

OK...I will drop the paying someone to listen idea...because I can see that you don't want that...and, I was almost tongue in cheek, anyway when I was first talking about how it benefits widows and widowers.....

You have so often asked for help in stopping the thoughts, that I did make some assumptions....and, I did assume that you might appreciate some feed-back observations....

Lol...I can see when I have overstepped my bounds....so, I will, very politely, cease and desist.....
Old 10-19-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Glenjo…...Iol...I will give you the point that I might make some assumptions, as it is hard to get the full Gestalt (lol) on the internet.
I am making my comments from what you have typed.
You say that you can't have someone "just" listen to you...because you are a codependent. Or that you can't join groups of like minded because you are not outgoing....or, at least, you don't make concerted effort to do it.
You say that structured grieving is a good idea...but, never get around to it.
Or, exercise that required intricate movements...because that requires one to get out of their "head" and focus on body movements, only. I do think that yoga is good...but you are already doing that.
I got the impression that you would like to have someone listen to you talk about your lost loved one...when you said that my post about it made you cry and that you felt a need to talk.....
I've gotten the idea that you could use more face-to face human interactions....as most of your activities seem to be individual activities. You seem to stay inside your own head, so much.....by that, I mean to an excess that might go beyond helpful....(that old perfectionistic thing)…..

OK...I will drop the paying someone to listen idea...because I can see that you don't want that...and, I was almost tongue in cheek, anyway when I was first talking about how it benefits widows and widowers.....

You have so often asked for help in stopping the thoughts, that I did make some assumptions....and, I did assume that you might appreciate some feed-back observations....

Lol...I can see when I have overstepped my bounds....so, I will, very politely, cease and desist.....

I too was being tongue in cheek when I said I couldn't have someone listen to me because I'm Codependent, it's called a joke. No I didn't get around to "your" idea of structured grieving but I have been grieving none the less. The yoga is new for me and does help with the thought stopping, as is my new walking in nature and running more. I'm already paying someone to listen to me, so I do want that, just not an old lady though as "you" suggested. Appreciate the boundary thing. 😉.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ;
Lol. I couldn't just hire someone to listen to me...what would happen is within 5 minutes I'd end up asking them their life story, hearing their issues and trying to fix them, to people please and because I'm a Codependent. They'd probably turn out to be an addict, bpd, codependent, narcissistic, and I would fall in love all over again, lock them in my room and try to make them fall in love with me.
Lol ... are you me? Reading your posts kind of feels like it. As for me, I have a habit of running through so much literature and then not being great about actually implementing it or even worse, having analysis paralysis about what I actually read.

I have been stalking these forums for two days now getting through the early most raw parts of my grief. Seeing your helpful words and recognitions and those of others made me realize I should be taking advantage of the fact it is a beautiful Fall day that I'm lucky enough to be able to take off and that I need to go for a walk and get some sunshine. I'm so grateful I found this place and these voices.

(Then I can indulge in some Abraham Hicks this evening)
Old 10-22-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fightingfair View Post
Lol ... are you me? Reading your posts kind of feels like it. As for me, I have a habit of running through so much literature and then not being great about actually implementing it or even worse, having analysis paralysis about what I actually read.

I have been stalking these forums for two days now getting through the early most raw parts of my grief. Seeing your helpful words and recognitions and those of others made me realize I should be taking advantage of the fact it is a beautiful Fall day that I'm lucky enough to be able to take off and that I need to go for a walk and get some sunshine. I'm so grateful I found this place and these voices.

(Then I can indulge in some Abraham Hicks this evening)
Luckily I can do both, read the literature and at least try to apply it. There are times it gets too much and then I can leave it but I suppose it has been a coping mechanism especially at the start where this was all so painful. Thanks for the kind words too, I love getting out in nature aswell. The abraham Hicks stuff is brilliant although I'm in it's infancy of learning/applying it.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Life is good

Glenjo,

Have fun with life!

Simple. Easy. Better. More. Allow the right jobs to be in your life in right timing. You'll know when they're the right jobs. Trust your gut.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Glenjo,

Have fun with life!

Simple. Easy. Better. More. Allow the right jobs to be in your life in right timing. You'll know when they're the right jobs. Trust your gut.
Yes! I'm going to keep my morals!
Old 11-01-2018, 09:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Life is good

https://youtu.be/MJMhzK50ISw
Old 11-02-2018, 01:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks, really need this one this week!
Old 11-29-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Life is good

A.H. - singular basis of unhealthy relationship

https://youtu.be/Y-GSg1B8obw

Tied in with this is honoring the solar plexus and our gut instincts. Getting in tune with them. Strengthening and opening the solar plexus chakra and taking note of this increasing as we allow it to. Reiki, other energy healing and spending time in nature can help also.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Tied in with this is honoring the solar plexus and our gut instincts. Getting in tune with them. Strengthening and opening the solar plexus chakra and taking note of this increasing as we allow it to. Reiki, other energy healing and spending time in nature can help also.
Amazing video, really needed to hear this! I will be re listening many times to get me through today and the weekend!!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

"......is you teaching another and them teaching you that your approval and that your attention is essential to their well being, because in doing so, you train them away or they train you away from where your guidance really is, where your power really is, where your alignment really is."
Old 11-30-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
"......is you teaching another and them teaching you that your approval and that your attention is essential to their well being, because in doing so, you train them away or they train you away from where your guidance really is, where your power really is, where your alignment really is."
Which is the basis of codependency! I wish I was more in alignment when I was around him, I just couldn't seem to manage it.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
I wish I was more in alignment when I was around him, I just couldn't seem to manage it.
This is true for most of us struggling with codependency, but as Abraham has said many times, the rascals in our lives are our greatest benefactors. They don't make it easy for us to feel aligned with our inner guidance and because we love them, we cannot just walk away, so we are forced to find our own alignment, our own peace. We are forced into a practice which ultimately serves us in deep, lasting and truly satisfying ways. This is how our most challenging relationships become our treasures on the path of "Everything is always working out for me."
Old 11-30-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
This is true for most of us struggling with codependency, but as Abraham has said many times, the rascals in our lives are our greatest benefactors. They don't make it easy for us to feel aligned with our inner guidance and because we love them, we cannot just walk away, so we are forced to find our own alignment, our own peace. We are forced into a practice which ultimately serves us in deep, lasting and truly satisfying ways. This is how our most challenging relationships become our treasures on the path of "Everything is always working out for me."

I say that to myself every day "everything is always working out for me".

Today I don't feel it but as she says that's what true faith is, believing something better is on the way.

Saw a clip on tv of 2 people celebrating their anniversary and I've just started crying. I miss someone who can't give me what I want. Life is cruel sometimes.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Life is cruel sometimes.
I think that AH might say that life is just showing you where you are - which is always really good information to have because then we can make adjustments if we choose.

What you want and your beliefs about that are in conflict, that's all that's going on. The cruel feeling is your resistance to believing in what you want, so you'll have to find ways to soften that. You mentioned loving yourself more and I'd suggest that is way too great a leap from where you are in this moment. There's no need to try and leap so far and indeed, you cannot sustain such a jump. Shoot for thoughts that feel much easier, smaller - thoughts that feel just a little better but still feel true to you. AH reminds us to practice on easy topics, not our most challenging topics, and for many of us, the topic of "I love myself" can be quite challenging around which to sustain stability. Loving ourselves naturally flows out of alignment with our Inner Beings, it's not really something that most of us can practice ourselves into by thinking about.

If thoughts of "wanting things from him" don't feel good to you, pull back into a much more general place. What thought can you find that is more general (not about him specifically,) is about what you want and is not a struggle for you to believe in this moment?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Life is good

Dish soap bubbles are an easy way for me to mindfully direct my thoughts into good places. This developed along the way, through practicing meditation and allowing playfulness. One day I was listening to uplifting music and I was open to being aware of the the fun of the bubbles.

It's a journey. That's all.

You're Inner Self will guide you through this.

Prayer: God/Great Spirit/Universe, please guide my heart, my thoughts, my day.

Meditation: I am willing to see good things around me.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Life is good

From "The life changing magic of tidying up."

Putting your house in order is fun! The process of assessing how you feel about the things you own, identifying those that have fulfilled their purpose, expressing your gratitude, and bidding them farewell, is really about examining your inner self, a rite of passage to a new life. The yardstick by which you judge is your intuitive sense of attraction, and therefore there’s no need for complex theories or numerical data. All you need to do is follow the right order. So arm yourself with plenty of garbage bags and prepare to have fun.
I've been doing this for a while. Each round is more fun. I went through a big lifestyle change of going from a huge home, to living in a 5th wheel trailer, to living out of a backpack. I'm finding great things about each part of the journey.

Even with material things that bring me joy, there's an ebb and flow to how things come into my life and move on.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Life is good

A quest for ease, letting good feelings come easily.

https://youtu.be/-n2pmBdYuaY

"When the timing is right I'll feel it.
When the momentum is right my feeling of responding will be clear to me
and in the meantime everything's alright."

Choosing the good feelings. Choosing to relax.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Life is good

A.H. allowing/faith https://youtu.be/01jEgQzd4gc