Abraham Hicks teachings?

Old 10-15-2018, 12:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Yep - what you're experiencing sounds like the discomfort Hicks talks about when your Higher Self isn't in agreement with your actions.

So you pray "for" him & end up feeling icky & attached because there's no way to Let Go & pray for/wish him well at the same time, right? You have a push & a pull happening here.

Let him pray for himself & take your energy back for you exclusively. He's a grown up & can pray for himself, especially if he's serious about his own recovery, right?

Let's say he shows up at your doorstep tomorrow...... if you're not feeling solid in yourself & who you are & your own healing then what is he responding to vibrationally? Sure, he's there - broken. Are you ready for Round #2?

But what if you let go of him fully & just worry about Glen & then this new, amazeballs guy shows up in response? What if Mr. Right is Right There but you're too worried about your Ex & not allowing yourself to attract what is in your highest good?

OR - you let go of him fully & focus on you & he still miraculously shows up? Now you can trust that he's responding to your higher vibration..... Isn't that where you want to be "with" him no matter what?... - or do you want any version that appears?
Yes your so right! My higher self is in total disagreement with my actions of praying for him etc! I knew it, but got so far in with the praying I was afraid to stop lol.

No I don't want round 2 if he's still broken. I feel I have been healing well and learning lots but just want a day where he's not in my thoughts. But every day I start by praying for highest good for all in this situation! WHAT situation? He's gone. That's what I'm doing.

Well I'd prefer a higher version of him if he turned up, but I feel I have to try, not even try (that's a vibrationally mismatch according to Hicks) have to let go of him fully. This will include not talking about him with friends! No praying for him. Just putting all the focus on me now!!!! God I feel so silly, but it shows how easy it is to get so many messages from spiritual teachers and end up with a mishmash!

Need to start bangingmore of the drum of what I am wanting and less of the drum of my pessimism about it. #ahicks
Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've binged on AH at certain times in my life and I view it as a kind of self-hypnosis. The key is to adjust your subconscious beliefs about [insert subject here] and that's the science behind it and the LOA (raising your vibration so you become a match to better, more satisfying things, essentially). Abraham has developed a very good system of facilitating this.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is good

Tapping into Source/Higher Power/God/Great Spirit/Mother Earth/whatever-name-resonates and allowing guidance through the day is related to in many ways by many people. Different journeys. Different understandings.

I was first led to an Abraham Hicks cd by my Higher Power. It had been long abandoned on a shelf at a meeting hall. I was lost, confused and nothing of it resonated with me.

The fun of this journey, for me, is new directions and enjoying the day at hand. Dumping that old, dusty cd was a lot more fun than listening to it!

There are many ways to embrace law of attraction, karma and creating our own reality.

http://bodysoulmind.net/mind/creatingourownreality

Creating Our Own Reality

Our personal truths are our beliefs – and our beliefs are what we use to make our choices and decisions. This in turn plays a huge part in creating our own reality.

Our truth is our belief and if that belief is that we are not deserving of any ‘good’, that we are worthless, stupid, not good enough etcetera, then that is our truth. It is what we believe about ourselves.

Our truths and beliefs are held deep in our subconscious and affect us on a soul level. They are often not truths and beliefs that we consciously think about or recognize within ourselves; although we often see and judge them in others.

The attributes and behaviors of others that irk and irritate us are often our own truths, and a reflection of what we ourselves are denying. We recognize the traits we ourselves possess on a subconscious level, and this irritates us. It is our response to our recognition of the behavior or belief that we ourselves hold within us.

When we recognize what irritates us in others, we can begin to recognize our own negative beliefs and subconscious fears that come into play when creating our own reality. What we recognize as someone else’s vulnerability is a reflection of our own subconscious vulnerability.

Changing our beliefs changes our personal truths, and this in turn changes our lives.
Choosing joy.

Choosing healthy actions. Allowing changing views on:

Health
Kindness
Fun
Joy
Life
Resilience
Comfort
Meditation

#lifeisgood
Old 10-16-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life is good

Just for fun, just for today, I randomly started listening to three Abraham Hicks recordings on YouTube.

The third one resonates from the start! Fun!! Liked it.

On with the next thing. I'm listening to music I greatly enjoy. Life has continually been getting better and I acknowledge this as it happens and in retrospect. "Thank you!" becomes an echo I send out to the universe.

I acknowledge grief, pain and trauma. I trust in the healing process. I learn how to heal, quicker easier and deeper.

Good things happen every day. I allow new good healthy views to transform my day.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life is good

Ebb and flow. In allowing, in asking for clarity, awareness, great enjoyment of life, I open myself to all my emotions. I open myself to greater awareness. I understand where I came from and what I've been through in new terms, new words, from a new vantage point.

Tears stream, simply from the awareness. I pause. I hold this moment with a new respect. I acknowledge the blessings of my life in new ways.

I find peace. One day at a time. Sometimes by a great sigh of expressive understanding.

#newdirections #livinginthesolution #thankyougod
Old 10-16-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Just for fun, just for today, I randomly started listening to three Abraham Hicks recordings on YouTube.

The third one resonates from the start! Fun!! Liked it.

On with the next thing. I'm listening to music I greatly enjoy. Life has continually been getting better and I acknowledge this as it happens and in retrospect. "Thank you!" becomes an echo I send out to the universe.

I acknowledge grief, pain and trauma. I trust in the healing process. I learn how to heal, quicker easier and deeper.

Good things happen every day. I allow new good healthy views to transform my day.

Yes she encourages lots of fun! And taking naps lol
Old 10-16-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by h00ped View Post
I've binged on AH at certain times in my life and I view it as a kind of self-hypnosis. The key is to adjust your subconscious beliefs about [insert subject here] and that's the science behind it and the LOA (raising your vibration so you become a match to better, more satisfying things, essentially). Abraham has developed a very good system of facilitating this.
Yes she definately has a good system for feeling better. Simple at it's core, just takes lots of practice! Going to focus more on her stuff
Old 10-18-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've been listening to Abraham Hicks for 8 years and find that the teachings have a lot of compatibility with the AlAnon program. Love having both influences in my life.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
I've been listening to Abraham Hicks for 8 years and find that the teachings have a lot of compatibility with the AlAnon program. Love having both influences in my life.
Yes I see she even has her own Abraham 12 steps. She does a lot of stuff that relates to Codependency too.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Al-Anon and the Abraham teachings are about learning how to follow our inner guidance. The Abraham teachings are about practicing inner guidance as our one and only guidance - and why that is so important and beneficial for everyone involved.

Co-dependence is all about not following our own inner guidance, but instead looking to others and to outer circumstances.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
Al-Anon and the Abraham teachings are about learning how to follow our inner guidance. The Abraham teachings are about practicing inner guidance as our one and only guidance - and why that is so important and beneficial for everyone involved.

Co-dependence is all about not following our own inner guidance, but instead looking to others and to outer circumstances.
Oh believe me I know what codependentcy is lol! She does a lot of relationship stuff that explains how people who are no aligned individually in relationships can cause havoc. codependency by another other name. I'll look it up and quote when I've time later.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Life is good

Glenjo, a gentle suggestion, instead of looking towards the "non-alignment" (the more info on what isn't wanted) simply find something fun to do. Meditate, good food, a run, whatever!

Then whatever bubbles up along the way can get worked out quicker. Acknowledged, recognized, released and then back to finding good.

Thank you for this thread.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Life is good

Lol! These words coming right back to bring my own thoughts and actions towards playtime, meditation, simply having fun.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Glenjo, a gentle suggestion, instead of looking towards the "non-alignment" (the more info on what isn't wanted) simply find something fun to do. Meditate, good food, a run, whatever!

Then whatever bubbles up along the way can get worked out quicker. Acknowledged, recognized, released and then back to finding good.

Thank you for this thread.

I'm trying lol. Trying very hard to have fun. I've been doing yoga, walking a lot more than I used, getting out in nature and I go to gym for weights and runs. I started walking more in first few days/weeks after incident in summer happened, found it so helpful when I get anxious or overwhelmed!

I meditate daily also which I really like now. I just don't seem to remember how to have that real bellyaching laughing type fun anymore. Sure it will come in time.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Life is good

Very much like having an inner fire building, being stoked. Each embraced opportunity a new gust of air. Each grounding action of connecting with Higher Power is throwing logs on the fire. Allowing this inner-belly fire, this new energy, to give clarity of how everything works together to support me.

As the laugher, joy and healthy connections happen, an ease comes in recognizing these, I acknowledge them out loud, here, to myself, to someone I randomly am chatting with, and vocalize my gratitude.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

As a matter of interest, anyone know what she recommends in relation to careers etc? I have been offered a customer service role in an industry I have questions about. I don't really want to take it but financially would be good. That resistance? Say no but keep my morals
Old 10-19-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glenjo…...did you know that you CAN, actually, pay someone to just listen to you? It is not uncommon for some people to hire household help...or, companionship, for hourly wage. Seniors or those with special needs, hire p eople or use volunteers for companionship needs.
My mother-in-law lived with us....and she had a "companion" from the Church, who came for a certain number of hours, each week....usually they just had tea together and talked. Sometimes, they went our for lunch.....

I don't see why you couldn't employ someone similar for a few times each week....just to listen....not for actual therapy...but, just nice person to listen and give a flying fig.....

LOL...I think I am on to you, glenjo….You will probably, so nicely, say that this is a great idea and that you will take it on board.....because, you always do that, but...then file it in the circular file (trashcan)…...
Old 10-19-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Glenjo…...did you know that you CAN, actually, pay someone to just listen to you? It is not uncommon for some people to hire household help...or, companionship, for hourly wage. Seniors or those with special needs, hire p eople or use volunteers for companionship needs.
My mother-in-law lived with us....and she had a "companion" from the Church, who came for a certain number of hours, each week....usually they just had tea together and talked. Sometimes, they went our for lunch.....

I don't see why you couldn't employ someone similar for a few times each week....just to listen....not for actual therapy...but, just nice person to listen and give a flying fig.....

LOL...I think I am on to you, glenjo….You will probably, so nicely, say that this is a great idea and that you will take it on board.....because, you always do that, but...then file it in the circular file (trashcan)…...
Lol. I couldn't just hire someone to listen to me...what would happen is within 5 minutes I'd end up asking them their life story, hearing their issues and trying to fix them, to people please and because I'm a Codependent. They'd probably turn out to be an addict, bpd, codependent, narcissistic, and I would fall in love all over again, lock them in my room and try to make them fall in love with me.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glenjo…...If you really wanted someone to listen, you would...…
I can see that you really cling to that label of Co-dependent. You cannot break through those old patterns unless you change some of your thinking...and, take some (well considered) risks. Some new ways.

I was thinking of a nice older, lovely lady.....not someone of the age and category for you to fall in love with!!

You are assuming that the listener would not have the discipline, or be goal directed to actually follow the "agreement". People do it all the time. Like when a ghost writer listens to another person before they write their biography.....

I am not trying to force you to do something that you don't want to do....but, I think that this discussion may show some of your patterns of resistance.....
Old 10-19-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Glenjo…...If you really wanted someone to listen, you would...…
I can see that you really cling to that label of Co-dependent. You cannot break through those old patterns unless you change some of your thinking...and, take some (well considered) risks. Some new ways.

I was thinking of a nice older, lovely lady.....not someone of the age and category for you to fall in love with!!

You are assuming that the listener would not have the discipline, or be goal directed to actually follow the "agreement". People do it all the time. Like when a ghost writer listens to another person before they write their biography.....

I am not trying to force you to do something that you don't want to do....but, I think that this discussion may show some of your patterns of resistance.....
I disagree. It's a cultural thing. It might be usual to hire old ladies to listen to you in the states but here where I live, it's not like that. It's going to counselling which I'm doing A LOT of. Also venting on here, and also talking with a good friend who is married to an addict, she's great to listen. Think it's a bit of an assumption from you that I have a pattern of some kind of resistance! I've been doing EVERYTHING I can over the last months to learn, try new things, yoga, extra exercise, move on mentally books, travelling hours to coda meetings. No resistance patterns in my opinion.

As for clinging onto the codepeCodep label, well I am codepeCodep and I like knowing all about it