Just GOTTA Vent!

Old 11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just GOTTA Vent!

After about 17 years of practice, I'm usually pretty good at dealing with my AH. But not this weekend. And I just now figured out why.

I had oral surgery on Friday for an on going problem. I told my surgeon that previous surgeries have left my jaw so swollen and bruised, that it looks like I've been a victim of domestic abuse (this is no exaggeration). This time, I've had no swelling or bruising, even though it was a pretty tough surgery. I've been amazed at how well I have felt and look. Tonight, I have a vague memory that when I was in the recovery room, the doctor told me he had given me a steroid drip during the surgery to keep me from swelling. Steroids cause a major personality disorder in me!!! Now I know why I have not been able to tolerate my AH all weekend.

My AH was fine -- a real stand-by-me husband during and following my procedure. Once we got home and he saw I was going to be okay, he started drinking. He was pretty high when I decided I should go to the grocery store to buy something I could eat more easily. By this time, he was too well on his way for me to send him to the store on my behalf. So I drove and he went along just to annoy me. When we came out of the store, he insisted we had parked in another area, even though I told him he was wrong. He lead me all over the parking lot -- all the while I kept telling him he was going in the wrong direction. It was infuriating. I felt like I was following around a child or a ******.

He's been drunk most of the weekend -- and I've been on a steriod-induced PMS. I've been biting his head off and have flat cussed him out several times. I've caught myself a number of times and have apologized for my behavior. Then I turn right around and want to kill him again.

I normally say so little to him about his drinking (hey - what's to say?). But when I have a dose of steroids in me, it's like all 17 years of my pent up anger comes pouring out. It's beyond my control.

This is why I haven't been on the board this weekend. In my current state of mind, the only feedback you're liable to get from me is, "Leave the bum," or "Quit you're whining..." I'm a dangerous person on steroids. I wonder how long this is going to last. Well, I may be a bitch -- but I look marvelous!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Steroids are tough

I've been on my share of them due to asthma. No fun. I feel hyper, usually end up rearranging all the furniture, and generally scream at anyone who gets near me. If you're no longer taking any steroids, you should be okay in a day or so. It also depends on the dosage the doctor administered. When I was in the hospital for pneumonia, I was in such bad shape that I was getting 125 mg of prednisone via IV-drip every 24 hours. Talk about a mess when I got home - bruised all over, depressed, hyper - you name it - I was a basket case.

So how do you cope with your AH drunk all weekend? I do my best, but I dread weekends because I know what's coming. Of course at this point in time I'd welcome just a weekend - my AH has been on a TEN DAY bender and it's a living hell on earth around here. :yelling
Old 11-14-2004, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

So glad you look maaaaavelous dahink...now quit your whining and leave the bum!!! :Lmao