Think I may be having a breakdown

Old 09-02-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear what you are going through Glenjo. I had some pretty dark days myself of just crying all day, not eating, not getting out of bed which was early on when I left. I don’t have those kind of days anymore but there are still times I am sad. It is a rollercoaster and I hope you are feeling better.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Feeling Better

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
I'm ok, just uncontrollable crying tonight. I'm never going to get over him
Do not even think about getting over him, don't even worry about it. You have no idea what is supposed to happen. Just try to feel better, just know you are okay right now and the future is wide open.

Just focus on doing whatever you can to feel better. We never know what lies ahead and many of this forum focus on grieving and focusing on the 100 things that were negative about the relationship to get over it. I don't suggest doing any of that. I just suggest focusing on coping and grounding and leaving the rest up to a presence or power greater then yourself, whatever you understand that to be,

Hugs\Kayleezen
Old 09-02-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When my ex-fiance left me, I journaled like you could not believe. I went through one notebook in two weeks. I read philosophy to remind myself that my sorrow, as vast as it was, was also very insignificant. Millions of human beings experience the same sorrow and pain and are asking the same questions. My pain was just a mere thread in the great human tapestry. I know. It's a very strange, odd way to comfort myself. But it worked.

I also hiked long distances every single weekend. Hiking was great because I could be alone with my thoughts, but it also required me to remain alert so I wouldn't do something stupid, like fall off a ledge. There were occasions where I would just seek some desolate destination and scream and cry and shake my fist to the sky.

I did all these things, and yet five months later I would still be sitting at my office desk, trying to stifle my sobs.

But eventually I learned how to love life again.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
When my ex-fiance left me, I journaled like you could not believe. I went through one notebook in two weeks. I read philosophy to remind myself that my sorrow, as vast as it was, was also very insignificant. Millions of human beings experience the same sorrow and pain and are asking the same questions. My pain was just a mere thread in the great human tapestry. I know. It's a very strange, odd way to comfort myself. But it worked.

I also hiked long distances every single weekend. Hiking was great because I could be alone with my thoughts, but it also required me to remain alert so I wouldn't do something stupid, like fall off a ledge. There were occasions where I would just seek some desolate destination and scream and cry and shake my fist to the sky.

I did all these things, and yet five months later I would still be sitting at my office desk, trying to stifle my sobs.

But eventually I learned how to love life again.
Thanks puzzledheart. I look forward to loving life again. I'm like that, reading and podcasting and journaling a lot, good days and days where I feel really low. Really realise that "occassions" heighten everything and can bring up emotions. I'm starting again today after a setback at weekend