Old 06-13-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Going to the gym after work!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

I responded to a seemingly urgent business phone call request by this method:

1. Slowed down. Paused. Prayed.
2. Played a short game to change the direction and urgency of my thoughts. The world was not going to end.
3. Replied to the text message in a much different mental place with the info needed.

Someone else's urgency doesn't need to be mine.

(((self care)))

The more I practice this, the more deeply I feel it. I had my phone put away and it's okay I didn't get the message until later. No biggee. No crisis. Life goes on.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bike ride
Old 06-14-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Meditation & yoga (soon) along with regular reminders to just stop an BREATHE throughout the day. Back to basics.

I burned some incense that I love since no one else is around to care.

I reached out to listen to another friend's problems for a while - I love being able to support those that support me (she's given me hours upon hours day and night) & the bonus of feeling slightly better for taking my mind off my own world for even a short time.

I've gone back to my simplistic way of tackling every day - my infamous "2-Do List". I feel productive all day long when I complete the 2 most important as soon as possible in the day - everything beyond that becomes the cherry on the sundae instead of a half-completed task list.

Really looking forward to Friday!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A long drive up in some beautiful mountains around here. Everything so fresh and green. Followed by walking around at a special outdoor event followed by Baskin Robbins.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Scheduling the coming week on a very relaxing Saturday afternoon.

Tight time frame for a busy week. Lots of space within it for keeping my balance and having fun.

I was running around barefoot on the grass today, kicking a soccer ball around and throwing it high in the air. For the fun of it. Increasing my stamina.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Made an appointment for a haircut.

Bought a very cool scale. I haven't had one in years. Body peace journey with not having one, and now with using a scale I really enjoy as a fitness tool. Simple, beautiful. It shows where I am without keeping score.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I bought a pair of shorts recently. I realize this doesn't sound like much, but I have never been all that happy about how I look. Lately, I have been working out with a trainer....and it's summer...and, well, I'm going to wear shorts

At some point....
Old 06-20-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Going to my noon home group and knowing that a friend I haven't seen in awhile will be there.

A VIP Party at a hotel/restaurant project the restaurant group I work for has opened recently - the "insider" group will be on the amazing roof. Hubby going with - snacks and good mocktails for us!
Old 07-06-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

Making plans:

To vacation with friends.

To get rid of abandoned junk.

To move on with my life.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

Stepped outside my comfort zone and put my healing first. Listened to a big push from my Higher Power and following healthy relationships.

#thankyougod
Old 07-07-2018, 11:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There is a woman at my job, been there a few months and I've been there 20 years. I can't stand her. She's a bully and thinks she's right about everything. Lots of us can't stand her. I avoid her as much as possible but sometimes I can't.

She emailed me today on a routine matter and my answer was kind of snotty and she answered back the same way. Ugh. It is very rare of me to get into any conflicts at work.

A little while later, knowing there was no real reason for my tone other than that I can't stand her, I emailed again, more conciliatory. I felt better about it. I know, I really do, that I should take the high road. Or at least no road, but to avoid the low road.

But it's very very hard.

So, self-care -- writing the conciliatory email did feel right but tbh I'm back to my default setting of being pissed off. Even though I know it's entirely unproductive on every level.

Aside from that, I went and got a Brazilian Blowout in preparation for my daughter's wedding in two weeks.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is good

Breathing deeply, slowly, with positive words on the in breath and out breath. Laying on my back with my legs supported by the wall.

Being kind and gentle with myself.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 53500 View Post
There is a woman at my job, been there a few months and I've been there 20 years. I can't stand her. She's a bully and thinks she's right about everything. Lots of us can't stand her. I avoid her as much as possible but sometimes I can't.

She emailed me today on a routine matter and my answer was kind of snotty and she answered back the same way. Ugh. It is very rare of me to get into any conflicts at work.

A little while later, knowing there was no real reason for my tone other than that I can't stand her, I emailed again, more conciliatory. I felt better about it. I know, I really do, that I should take the high road. Or at least no road, but to avoid the low road.

But it's very very hard.

So, self-care -- writing the conciliatory email did feel right but tbh I'm back to my default setting of being pissed off. Even though I know it's entirely unproductive on every level.

Aside from that, I went and got a Brazilian Blowout in preparation for my daughter's wedding in two weeks.
I would all of you save her rude emails and as a group, go down to HR and give a written, calm, factual, non-emotional complaint. She needs to be put in her place by hire ups as far as how to not treat people in a work environment.

Do not let her p#ss you off. That's what she wants to do. She's a miserable human being who wants you to feel miserable, too, or less than, or afraid of her. It's a power thing. Don't let her get under your skin or effect your inner peace. Let her unhealthy behavior and words slide right off of you, like water on a duck. Don't give her the satisfaction of letting what she says and does effect you. It's what she wants.

If it's any consolation, my sister is a snobby, arrogant bully who always thinks she's right about everything. I know for a fact she's like this at work, because she's bragged about being this way to me before. But I know the real her. She's a scared little miserable coward deep down inside. It's all a facade. She tries to make herself feel better about herself by acting like she's better than everyone. She was my mother's "golden child", who could do no wrong.

A therapist about 25 years ago told me that one day I'd realize that I am happier for being myself, than she is, for being a mini version of my mother to make her happy. And you know what? She's right.

I once had a high school acquaintance who was similar. She actually bragged about purposely confusing a guy on the phone who she said obviously didn't understand what she was trying to explain. She said it was fun to confuse him. Who does that? Extremely miserable people with very low self esteem.

I always try to take the high road with my sister or people like her, instead of stooping down to her level, which is exactly what she wants. I won't let her pull me down into her way of being, just to stroke her ego or give her the satisfaction at beating me at whatever twisted game/competition she's playing. She should've left those in high school.

My sister no longer manages anyone. She's shared stuff with me in the past about her subordinates. I'm sure HR has a very thick file about her. HR made up a title for her, so she could feel like the professional that she's not. Her identity was always on her title/profession/grades. She'd likely have a complete nervous breakdown if they gave her the title they really should be giving her. I'm assuming HR or some sort of employer staff psychologist has figured this out already. In my opinion, I think a nervous breakdown would be exactly what she needs to take her head out of her a## and could be a humbling experience for her. It'd take her down a few 100 notches, and she'd learn how the way she treats people that she doesn't respect effects others.

The thing that really sucks about her, is that she acts completely differently around higher ups or people her same level. Around them, she's quiet, and not arrogant. Even friendly. People she thinks are less than or below her, she treats like utter sh*t. I have so little respect for her. I could care less now how she treats me. But I don't like seeing or hearing about how she treats others.

My mother is exactly like this. Two peas in a pod. I learned how to treat others by not being like them.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I went for a hike yesterday on a trail I've never been on. Al Anon yesterday, a nice quiet dinner alone. Book club tonight.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Breathing deeply, slowly, with positive words on the in breath and out breath. Laying on my back with my legs supported by the wall.

Being kind and gentle with myself.
I need to remember to do this!!! Thanks for the post.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I went to bed last night at 6pm. I have been sleeping a lot and I never do that. I had a week off from work n I didn't leave the house except to go to the laundromat. I took a nap every day. I have also been up since 2am. I don't care though. I was tired. I feel like not only my body is tired, but my soul is tired.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is good

Kayaking. Bulletproof coffee. Meditation.