Should I Go

Old 11-06-2004, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should I Go

SHOULD I GOSHOULD I GO I just heard from my AW calling me from rehab It was nice to hear from her and it wasn't. I am to visit her for the first time tomorrow I want to go and I don't; she could tell in my voice that something was wrong. How wrong is it to not show up I am so confused so hurt in so much pain for what she has done, will she really get help will it work it has cost me a fortune.

confused

V of NVHELP
Old 11-06-2004, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Unhappy lord

knows i understand your pain.but if this is the first time this person is going for help give her at least one chance and if it turns out that she stops getting help then i would waite along time before i went to visit her again.well thats what i would do if i had a tough heart but my heart happens to be to soft and i would wind up felling sorry for that person.thats how i fell when my ah husband sobers up and u can tell how guilty he fells and even though a part oh me hates him a big part of me fells so bad for him.i guess you can call me stupied because when he starts to drink again i hate my self for felling sorry for him.im damned if i do and damned if i dont.well i wish u goodluck and i really hope this helps.hope u get to felling better real soon
Old 11-06-2004, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pray about it --yes she needs support and love but if you are too angry/bitter/disappointed to not say something negative to her, then it may be best to be honest with her--its OK for her to hear that! my H went thru rehab twice since we've been together , the 2nd time he was in & could call me to come visit i was still too angry and told him "Im not coming to visit yet, Im still very angry & it would not be healthy for either of us if I came to visit you." part of my healing started with being able to be honest & not worry if i would hurt his feelings. good luck to you, in the beginning you will be confused a lot, its normal, a lot of pain and fear is present.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should go, if she is trying to get better the more support she has the better off she will be
Old 11-07-2004, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning I am up Sunday AM I am getting ready to go and see her she deserves my support thanks for the words of encouragement.......I will be honest I will not argue with her i will try to be possitive but honest....God help me I know you my support family has thank you