Halfway House is tearing me and my boyfriend apart

Old 02-27-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I feel like Al Anon is just going to normalize his behavior and that's not what I want to hear. I feel like it's so normal to everyone that these addicts do this. It's so wrong. I'm not dissing anyone. I appreciate you all very much. I'm just baffled that this is "normal" if that makes sense? It's taking a toll on me.
Yes it is normal for addicts to do those things what is not normal is to tolerate it, to accept it and continue to go back for more all in the name of LOVE.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
That his brain was so clouded with chemicals from drinking that he wasn't actually in love with me.

if we insist on maintaining a relationship with an active addict, we are likely to get a whole bunch of BS...........
Sadly I'm learning that now. His drunkenness definitely wasn't the "truth serum" it makes me sick all the nice and lovely things he said about me, but it's so different now and now he's not in love with me. So, it's very painful to be fooled for three years.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Yes it is normal for addicts to do those things what is not normal is to tolerate it, to accept it and continue to go back for more all in the name of LOVE.
Thank you sweetheart. ❤️ I appreciate the insight.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So, it's very painful to be fooled for three years.

Look on the bright side. I was fooled for 20 years. You still have your whole life to focus on your recovery and your happiness and have only wasted 3 years.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

So, it's very painful to be fooled for three years.
I had a three year relationship that ended when my ex-fiance called off the wedding the day after our invitations were mailed. He called my dad and told him how abusive I was. He also told him how much he hated my mom.

Best thing he ever did for me. Almost two years later, I met the man who became my husband. There is NO comparison. Even now, I still can't believe I was willing to settle for much much less.