O/T Need some wise words and encouragement

Old 02-25-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If sea levels keep rising, we may all be living in houseboats!
Old 02-25-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you! Having your own cozy, peaceful, calm little home full of love is such a blessing. Your children and grandchildren will fill it with laughter and love.

When I got divorced 10 years ago, my 14 year old daughter and I hopped in the car to find my new house. Where should we look? I asked her. Close to Grandma, she said. We went to my mom’s neighborhood and drove around and saw a tiny little Victorian with a red door. I want that house! my daughter squealed. I did buy that house, and I have loved, loved, loved every minute of it.

Trust your gut on this one. When you see it, you’ll know.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

In my fantasy retired life, I would be hopping from one Airbnb to another, trying on a new city every three months. Perhaps one of those Airbnbs would be a houseboat.

In this fantasy life, health insurance would not be an issue. I would not have bad knees, and I could balance like a ninja.
Old 02-25-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We should all be able to balance like ninjas!
Old 02-25-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have seen small single house ranch style condominiums. Some single ranch houses are rentals also.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Amy, Congratulations!!!! This is great news.

Three hours away is still a distance that you can visit your friends. And you will make new friends! Get involved with the community.

Maybe a fixer upper that has been updated with the major updates, wiring, roofing, heating and plumbing? I know around here there are lots of those on the market. That way you have great bones but can still give it your stamp, all being affordable.

Big hugs to you. You've got this!!!

And to add, a condo you purchase the walls in. Basically you own the walls, floors, fixtures, etc. Then the condo owners own the actual structure of the building. You also insure it that way on a condo policy which insures the walls in, and your contents, liability, etc.

Townhomes I don't know about because they seem to be different depending on where you live.