Going to court over access in a couple of days

Old 02-08-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sasha you were not idiots. The only idiot was the one who didn't show up. You were there for your child. He was not.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

^^^ Thank you! I think I needed to hear that. I felt like a fool - here I am all dressed up in my grey flannel respectable-person dress suit and sensible heels, right on time, with my files and my clipboard, the good girl who always follows the rules, waiting for someone who probably never had any intention of showing up. It's good to be reminded that I am not an idiot for trying to follow the rules and do the right thing.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
^^^ Thank you! I think I needed to hear that. I felt like a fool - here I am all dressed up in my grey flannel respectable-person dress suit and sensible heels, right on time, with my files and my clipboard, the good girl who always follows the rules, waiting for someone who probably never had any intention of showing up. It's good to be reminded that I am not an idiot for trying to follow the rules and do the right thing.
Thank God for "idiots" like you. I so wish every child in the world had at least one of these on their side.

I bet you rock those sensible heels.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post

I bet you rock those sensible heels.

I dunno, if I'm going to get stood up in court (or even not), I'm going to wear my Louboutins. Best for ass-kicking. ; )
Old 02-09-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Other than the sensible heels, I would have done the exact same thing. Do what you need to do that you know is right. I applaud your conviction to be the responsible one - I know all about taking that position! !

I've been talking to DS about responsibility for your own actions, and being accountable for same. If you can't follow your own words, then you are no better than he is.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Who on earth brings a court application against his ex-wife, submits all kinds of ranting documentation about how pernicious she is, asks the court to restore unrestricted parenting because he misses his little girl so much, and then doesn't even bother to turn up when his case is to be heard? Who ghosts their own court case (and their lawyer, who is left looking like a bit of a fool because he can't produce his client, or even find his client to get instructions)?
I wonder if in his demented mind he thought he was "scaring" you? Like you would bend and beg/plead for him to not take you to court?

And my lawyer ended up not charging me for the wasted morning, which was very decent of him.
That was really nice/professional of him!!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The lawyer will probably go after him for the expenses.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learning14 View Post
I wonder if in his demented mind he thought he was "scaring" you? Like you would bend and beg/plead for him to not take you to court?
Part of his MO is to open grievances and file formal complaints against people , and then drop them when he gets distracted by the latest shiny bottle. He lodged a complaint with the state human rights commission against the director of Kid's child care centre when she called the police after he showed up drunk. Apparently this constituted discrimination, for reasons that remain obscure. The human rights commission gave this exactly as much consideration as it deserved, but it still took the directors several days of work time to document everything she needed in her defense. He's also made complaints about his second ex-wife and about his girlfriend's parents to the police, and about Kid's teachers to the school board.

He's threatened to report me to everyone from HR at work to the supreme court ("I intend to make a formal complaint about xyz, and the judges will take your behavior very seriously indeed ..."). None of it has ever gone anywhere, but it wastes everyone's time. So I probably should have predicted this (and as soon as I heard about the "root canal", I figured this was likely to be another bust.

But nonetheless, getting served with court papers is stressful, having to take time off work to go to court and not knowing what the outcome will be is stressful, dealing with a mentally ill alcoholic who just won't go away and leave me alone is stressful ...
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

So glad to hear this, Sasha! That judge will remember his no-show....trust me. Just as alcoholics like to do (figuratively and sometimes literally)....he's digging his own grave.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

He sounds like a vexatious litigator.
If he keeps filing things frivolously in the courts, they can rule him to be a vexatious litigator and throw out any court cases that come afterwards.