First Christmas

Old 12-22-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

First Christmas for my son and me this year too. We left our home one night not long after New Year's day this year and now we're back in our home, which I've bought from XAH, and I've been divorced for almost four months. I thought the holidays might be sad or weird this year, but so far we're really good. It's peaceful and cozy. We're having lots of family and friend time. Tonight I baked and baked, then son and I drove around the neighborhood looking at lights, drinking cocoa and listening to Christmas music. Last year when we did this, we came home to a wasted, angry husband/father. This year - just joy and peace. Merry Christmas SR friends. I don't think I'd be here without you.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartbrokenGuy View Post
First Christmas since my fiancée passed away in April
She would have been 40 tomorrow.
So sorry,man. That's so sad. Keep going in life and take care of yourself.

I was about to post some petty stuff about my exAgf texting me today and saw this..Wow. My perspective is pulled back/open a lot when on this side of the board.

God bless you all.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
So sorry,man. That's so sad. Keep going in life and take care of yourself.

I was about to post some petty stuff about my exAgf texting me today and saw this..Wow. My perspective is pulled back/open a lot when on this side of the board.

God bless you all.
Thank you.

You should definitely post whatever it is you were going to post.

We are all here for support and an outlet. Not judgement.

If something is bothering you then I’d say it isn’t petty at all
Old 12-22-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartbrokenGuy View Post
Thank you.

You should definitely post whatever it is you were going to post.

We are all here for support and an outlet. Not judgement.

If something is bothering you then I’d say it isn’t petty at all
I'm all good,brother! Thanks. Just the 'ironic' timing of a text from an ex when I thought it was from one of the new girls I've started talking to. That's very petty to me...Ignored it,just like the last one.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Cold outside, warm inside. This cheese would be better with wine.

For whatever reason I'm craving a glass of wine. I'm dry since July. It's the cold days, the dark evenings, getting cozy in a warm house, have a snack of some cheese and crackers maybe.

That glass won't get me where I want to be, though. That nice feeling of a buzz. Two glasses would probably do it. Then another.

Sober is good, but the transition has these challenging moments. The holidays are great for surfacing long buried issues from the past. Like a churn that turns milk to butter. Churn churn. Sunrise sunset. I'm not feeling "an issue" though. More like a general malaise, a sadness today. Just sort of sad for no particular reason.

Sigh. Some exercise will help. I'll walk to the store, probably have a N/A beer when I get back. Those Becks N/A are pretty good.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is my first Christmas in many years that I'm not going to spend with my ex's family. I feel like I'm being "punished" for not caving to their demands.

I didn't really want to be with them anyway, because they are so very toxic, but I did want to be with my kids. Hell, my ex-MIL asked me to pick out their gifts!

I'm trying to see it as me having been liberated from a very dysfunctional family, free to do what I want to do. But it still hurts to be excluded.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It’ll be the first Christmas without my husband father of my kids. He lost his battle with Alcoholism on Dec 12th. Going to try to make the best of it and be strong for my kids.