Preparing for court...........

Old 10-29-2004, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Preparing for court...........

"A Thought for 10/29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.
--George Bernard Shaw

It's easy to let circumstances determine how we think and behave. While it's true that some events seem devastating, our relationship with a Higher Power can help us accept and even grow from experiences that seem impossible to cope with. " Quote from Petunia's post..........

I could not agree with this post more-Thank you as always for sharing Petunia-(My inspiration)

As the court date approaches next Wednesday November 3rd-I'm starting to feel anxious about being in the same room as the ex AB- I saw him the other day walking down the street as I was driving home and he was so aware of me driving past-he looked right at me and wow the fear of him is worse now. I know this was the right thing to do with the restraining order-and the right thing that my town arrested him. I just do not know how to get rid of the anixous feeling-any suggestions?? I was also told today that I will have to appear with the police for the civil court as well which I really am not happy about-I want this to just be over next week!
I have to do some bonding with my HP this weekend to do as Petunia's post states help me accept and grow from this expierence! Right now it feels impossible to cope with until it is over!

Life can be scary especially if it involves change-but I have to accept that it is for the better and I will and can get through this!

So bring on the suggestions to help revive ME so I go into that court room ME and not some scared little codie! I do not care how silly they are bring them on!

Starting with taking a bath with candles lit all around the tub the night before court.....
Old 10-29-2004, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

rella - you have every right to be nervous but i know you will weather this bump and the sun will shine again.

i listen to some of those mood cd's (ocean waves, etc.) - they help me detune!

good luck next week and hugs your way - cwohio
Old 10-29-2004, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Rella,

Hello Love. There are days that I believe my HP ready makes the thought for someone/somewhere, today sounds like one of those days.

I'd like to offer something that I try to use (not all the time, but when I do it works wonders). Can you sit down at least 30 minutes before your bath so that you have time to recover from this exercise and decompress before the tub. On a sheet of paper write down those actions that led you to make the decisions you did. This will get them off your mind, so you don't have to carry them in your mental space and makes them available to you when you need them, i.e. on Wed the 3rd (I'll be praying for you.) I'd write them down, then put them into an envelope and seal it closed. This way they are nice and safe and your mind can rest.

One problem I have is trying to keep track of everything that I NEED to remember. Most of it is totally unnecessary but tell my brain that! When I write the stuff down and give it a place to live outside of my brain, I swear my head feels lighter and my neck relaxes.

If you need to do this a few times do it and always put the sheet into an envelope and seal it so you don't get tempted to reread the list and possibly get back into a stressful cycle. You will read it soon enough, when it is time to prepare for court. Until then, it is Rella time.

I do hope you will have a relaxed weekend. You get an extra hour to sleep on Sunday. You need to use it!

Hugs,
Petunia
Old 10-29-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

excellent suggestion petunia!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(((((HUGS CWOHIO AND PETUNIA)))))))) Such wonderful idea's! CD's with sounds..I have some of those! Petunia funny you should suggest this! I typed up a list of things and reasons for myself for court the other day and folded it in my purse-when my head was clear and thinking! I will do this again-without the codie in it this time! I read it to a friend and there were two codie sentances in there-not bad for a three paragraph list! Thank you so much as always (((hugs))))
Old 10-29-2004, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

petunia - in all my self-inflicted anxiety i forgot my favorite time of the year - the EXTRA hour of sleep! yea! thank you!!!!!!