I must be dreaming

Old 10-29-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I must be dreaming

I had posted about a week ago that my husband had received bad news from the doctor about his liver and decided that was it.. he was going to stop cold turkey and he has.. I haven't seen him this happy since last time he was sober.. Usually when he is drinking he is angry if I ever bring up the drinking and now, he is totally open about it..

He says things like..

**You know I was going to AA meetings and drinking when I left the meeting

**I can't believe how much better I feel.. I haven't had a drink in days.. this is great

It is very similar to the way he behaved when he went through rehab and was sober for a few months.. I am just hoping this time that he stays sober.. He is on medication for anxiety this time so that is helping him and he is continuing to do the things that are "triggers". . AA apparently believes that you should remove the triggers that are associated with the drinking.. But what I don't understand is if everything the alcoholic does is associated with drinking, how do they continue to live their life when they aren't drinking if they consider everything a trigger.. So the gym was listed at rehab as a trigger and since my AH enjoys the gym, he had stopped going and that made him feel totally restricted.. This time he is trying to still go and has done well...

The most amazing thing was that he went to the library to return some of my kids books and took about a book on addiction!!! wow .. was a step forward for him..

Anyway.. i wanted to say thank you for listening and all your stories.. It always helps... I hope this good story helps those of you that are having a hard day..

--Barbara
Old 10-29-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Wow,,,

I hope it continues for you and your A. Miracles do happen.

Blessings, Kathy
Old 10-29-2004, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope things work out for you . Sending light and love.
Rose
Old 10-29-2004, 10:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
brightlight

Sounds wonderful! I am happy for you!