Hopefully in the right path.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hopefully in the right path.

I noticed that during my relationship with ex afb my self esteem wasn't as good as it once was. This was linked to my belief of "not deserving better"/not deserving to be treated with respect/care/love.

I'm about to turn 24 and I feel like this will probably be the best years of my life... Why waste them by prolonging my pain by staying in that relationship and further damage my self esteem? I'm happy to have made the choice to break up with him. I'm starting to feel like I deserve better, and like I'm capable of achieving my goals.

It's been 2 months since the break up and I've been pretty busy most of the time.

I've been working, I've been learning to play a new musical instrument, I've been reading a lot and I've started to go to the gym. I've always had a slim figure because I take runs regularly, but I wanted to change my routine a little bit so I can get other results.

I want to look and feel as beautiful as possible.

I've been telling myself more positive things about myself. I know it sounds silly, but I was very used to blame myself for my ex abf's emotional abuse and manipulations (and he blamed me too).
I'm no longer weighing myself down. It feels liberating to realize that nothing was really my fault, and it feels nice to be friendly with myself again.

I've also been looking for options so I can study abroad next year, and I'm very, very excited about this.

It will be a long road, but I want to get to a place where I love myself fully, where I'm proud of myself, and where I only accept people who make my life better.

Thanks for everything.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You’re a star.

Keep on keeping on!

Old 11-18-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, timetoheal! You sound great and all those things you're doing for yourself are wonderful. By all means, if you can, make the time abroad happen! You'll never regret it. My daughter did that in her 20s and had so many amazing and exciting adventures. I sort of lived vicariously through her lol, as I didn't do anything like that when I was young. I should have.

Isn't it wonderful to get rid of the boulder of an addict partner? I remember when I did that, 40 years ago. After the shock wore off I felt like I'd climbed out from under some huge rock that had been sitting on my chest, blocking out the sun and squeezing the life out of me.

You "sound" beautiful and it's wonderful to hear.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
I noticed that during my relationship with ex afb my self esteem wasn't as good as it once was. This was linked to my belief of "not deserving better"/not deserving to be treated with respect/care/love.

I'm about to turn 24 and I feel like this will probably be the best years of my life... Why waste them by prolonging my pain by staying in that relationship and further damage my self esteem? I'm happy to have made the choice to break up with him. I'm starting to feel like I deserve better, and like I'm capable of achieving my goals.

It's been 2 months since the break up and I've been pretty busy most of the time.

I've been working, I've been learning to play a new musical instrument, I've been reading a lot and I've started to go to the gym. I've always had a slim figure because I take runs regularly, but I wanted to change my routine a little bit so I can get other results.

I want to look and feel as beautiful as possible.

I've been telling myself more positive things about myself. I know it sounds silly, but I was very used to blame myself for my ex abf's emotional abuse and manipulations (and he blamed me too).
I'm no longer weighing myself down. It feels liberating to realize that nothing was really my fault, and it feels nice to be friendly with myself again.

I've also been looking for options so I can study abroad next year, and I'm very, very excited about this.

It will be a long road, but I want to get to a place where I love myself fully, where I'm proud of myself, and where I only accept people who make my life better.

Thanks for everything.
When we free up the energy that we spent on the toxic relationship and we turn it inward, it's amazing to see the benefits it truly has on us.

It is a long road, but it's a road to self-discovery and there is nothing more liberating and exciting than personal development.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah to you!!!

You sound amazing. Enjoy all the exciting things you have in your future without the dead weight of an alcoholic dragging your life down. Keep working on you, I think it working and you are worth it!!
Old 11-19-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soulful View Post
When we free up the energy that we spent on the toxic relationship and we turn it inward, it's amazing to see the benefits it truly has on us.
I want to echo this--truly, I never saw how much time and energy I was spending on trying to manage and control XAH, all to no avail. Once I began to use that energy to benefit myself in so many other ways, life looked and felt so different.

I now spend that time w/my aging dogs, doing my best to make sure there are no regrets when my dear friends do leave me. I have learned to spin yarn from various fibers, using a spinning wheel. I am learning to crochet. I take care of my (large and wild) yard, and while it takes a lot of time, I love seeing the little frogs, the many chipmunk holes, the flowers that bloom down in the grass. I meditate and enjoy decorating my little "altar" w/seasonal items--nuts, flowers, evergreen tufts, berries, candles. I have learned to revel in simple things like the feel of the soft blankets on my bed as they touch the skin of my feet.

In short, there is so much more to life than worrying and fretting about someone else, what they will or won't do, what they do or don't think. It's a broad and beautiful world--I'm so glad you're spreading your wings and soaring into the thick of it!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thinking of you. How are you doing today?

One day at time... baby steps... giant leaps and bounds when you're ready.

KTF
Old 11-20-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a fantastic update!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the encouragment.
Hi, KTF. I've been doing fine mostly.
A few days ago, a mutual friend from ex abf contacted me to tell me that my ex did really love me and cared about me (well, he did not respect me, so I doubt it) and that he wishes that I don't hate him and wishes that we will be fine now that we are no longer together.

I had to cut this "mutual friend" off because those words made me feel really angry... How can he say this things to people after everything he did? Why is that he's still trying to convince me that he "did care" when in fact, he was emotionally abusive towards me?

I was a bit upset for a few days but I let it go and kept on my routine. Hope you're doing fine!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So happy for you! You rock!!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

you are doing great! I admire your sense of self and how tuned in to reality you are. I spent too many years with an abusive man, and I am so gald you got out when you did!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
I let it go and kept on my routine. Hope you're doing fine!
Everything is temporary, so happy to hear you are doing fine!