I Think - No, I KNOW, I'm Done

Old 11-11-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

COD,

Just wanted to chime in with support. I know you have suffered. Sorry to hear its continued and I do wish you peace from this anguish. You're in my thoughts sir. Best of luck to you in the next phase.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I’m a bit farther ahead than you are. I’ve seen the lawyer, supplied all the documents, and paid the retainer. Tomorrow morning I will sign the affidavit and the legal ball gets rolling.
After so many years of threatening to do it, I still thinks she believes I’m bluffing. I think the phrase “you need to discuss this with your lawyer” will be coming out of my mouth a lot this week.

Like you, I hope to stay in the house at least through the holidays, but like others have said, no matter how much we hope to appear normal, the disease will tear it’s ugly head to ruin them somehow.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good for you for moving forward. I'm getting closer to that day. Please keep us posted on the happenings as you proceed.

COD

Originally Posted by Challenger2013 View Post
I’m a bit farther ahead than you are. I’ve seen the lawyer, supplied all the documents, and paid the retainer. Tomorrow morning I will sign the affidavit and the legal ball gets rolling.
After so many years of threatening to do it, I still thinks she believes I’m bluffing. I think the phrase “you need to discuss this with your lawyer” will be coming out of my mouth a lot this week.

Like you, I hope to stay in the house at least through the holidays, but like others have said, no matter how much we hope to appear normal, the disease will tear it’s ugly head to ruin them somehow.