Limits and boundaries

Old 10-28-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Limits and boundaries

Ok so tonight I'm wondering and I'm feeling worried about what I will face in the future, every time my phone rings and I don't know the number, anxiety, palpations, downright scared but I want to let you all know.........bounderies work, I have mostly peace, I can't control the future and maybe I will post I lost my sister here, but I've realised that what I do doesn't work, only what they do, so please all of you, look after yourselves, know your limits and stick to them, it's so hard I know, but your life can be better you can't save anyone who doesn't want to be saved, but you can save yourself.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post, Power.

Clearly, everybody agrees with you, or you would have stirred up people and they would have all thrown in their opinion. Oh, and congratulations on having mostly peace, it's always good to hear from people who have built that kind of life for themselves.

Mike
Old 10-31-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Power, thanks for your positive post!! I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you I am missing her

I’ve not been here for a while! Thank you for your replies. I miss my sister and I keep thinking, what if that is my last contact with her, did my boundaries go too far? I know in my heart they didn’t and I was right, but it still nags at me. I was hoping I could get the sister relationship back and leave the rest out. I’ve extended an olive branch on more than one occasion, just think all I will ever get now is the call I dread! However I didn’t realise how much it was hurting me or my family until recently when I became overwhelmed and tearful and it reminded me of how I felt every day for months, boundaries are self care and they are important.