New Sticky Feature!! Check it out.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

New Sticky Feature!! Check it out.

I am sooo happy that Desert Eyes has unveiled a new link that will make the stickies easy for the newbies to find!

We have such a unique and wonderful collection of educational articles on alcoholism and co-dependency issues,,,better that I have seen in one place, anywhere.

I think they have gotten overlooked, a lot of times, because the newbies just couldn't navigate the forum to find them, easily....

I think this new link will make sticky location much more obvious.....

***the link can be found within the first sticky.....
Just click on the first sticky and you will see it at the bottom of the list....

I want to thank Desert Eyes for his efforts to make this forum improvement.....
Old 08-18-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Um, maybe it's just me, but don't you have to FIND the stickies first to find the magic link?
Old 08-18-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Um, maybe it's just me, but don't you have to FIND the stickies first to find the magic link?
Nope. The idea is that you GIVE the magic link to a newbie when you welcome them to the forum.

Mike

p.s. I had to put the post somewhere in order to generate a link, and the only where that would have a permanent link is in the stickies. I know, it's circular logic, but we alanoids are good at that
Old 08-18-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OK... I mean, I always just shared the link to the main F/F page and told them to look at the top.

Guess the difference is escaping me.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OK... I always just shared the link to the main F/F page and told them to look at the top. ...
Nobody else was sharing the link. Now everybody has the link... and a cutesy pic.

Guess the difference is escaping me.
You are just more techie than the rest of us, that's all

Mike
Old 08-19-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexie, I know what you mean--for me, every single time I have come to F&F here at SR, the site opens right at the top of the page, right to the stickies. Like you, I also couldn't fathom how it is that people don't see the stickies--you have to scroll right freaking PAST them to get to the rest of the F&F forum!!

But then I got a little insight given to me: One of the things that would annoy me would be when a member would never ever "thank" anyone else's post. I told myself all kinds of stories in my head, made all kinds of resentments--you know how it can go. Then one day I saw a post from a newer member in which they said that on one device, they could see the "thank" button and thanks given, but on another, neither of those things appeared at all.

Light bulb moment for me!! "Oh, these people aren't 'thanking' b/c they simply don't even SEE the 'thank' button OR the 'thanks' from other members!"

Like, how profound, right? Other people see things differently than I do?

So anyway, my point is that while there is no way for me to come into the forum where I do NOT see the stickies, I guess that there are folks whose phone/laptop/whatever doesn't show them the same view as my desktop monitor does, and so they ARE missing the stickies, totally and completely, and not through any fault of their own.

Thanks, Mike, for your work to fix this. Thanks, dandy, for your tireless agitation for there to be a better way.

And I hope it works better for everyone here!