Need help and advice

Old 08-07-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sam1 View Post
I feel like I'm out on an island somewhere trying to make everyone happy and protect our child first and foremost before anyone.
Who? Who do you have to worry about making happy EXCEPT for yourself & your child?
Old 08-07-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Who? Who do you have to worry about making happy EXCEPT for yourself & your child?
I agree with you completely. I already feel like her family has turned their back on me. My family is all afraid of what could happen to our child. They are worried about her also....just our child more. I know in my heart she would not harm him on purpose. What a horrible situation
Old 08-07-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Stop making excuses. Be the parent your child needs you to be and get a lawyer and file for full custody. Let the courts sort it out and don't fight your lawyer. Keep your focus where it needs to be for your child, and for you so you can best care for your child.

But stop the ******** (I'm talking about the ******** excuses you are telling yourself). Seriously, be honest. Either tell yourself out loud you don't have the stones to do what is right, or get a lawyer and file for full custody.

My two cents.

Cyranoak--
Old 08-07-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know in my heart she would not harm him on purpose
That's not your main concern. You're afraid that she would harm him while under the influence.

What are you more afraid of? The confrontation with your XW's family? The additional expense of engaging your lawyer without a guarantee of success? Or what would happen to your child if you didn't get full custody?

Can you seriously look at your kid straight in the eye and say you did everything you could to protect him? Even when people told you that you couldn't?

I think you know what to do.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am currently going through the process of fighting for sole custody of my daughter, and although my circumstances are likely very different from yours, I can tell you that what began as a very frightening journey riddled with doubt has given me great respect for and trust in the justice system.

The judge could see right through my AXBF's lies. The mediator could also see right through his lies. I was so pleasantly surprised and incredibly relieved! These people are obligated to make decisions based on the best interest of the child, and in my experience, they will. It may seem impossible now, and you may have to fight for it tooth and nail, but what is the alternative? Continue to put your child at risk while in the mother's care? Not worth it.

And if your lawyer isn't being helpful, find a new lawyer.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sam1 View Post
To all... I was on here many months ago in regards to a wife that was having an affair and drinking and driving with our young child. There was no doubt that this was full alcoholism . Drinking 24 hours a day , drinking in the morning, drinking before work, drinking at lunch. Everything was a hidden second life until it spiraled out of control. To give a quick update of the status on where we are at, 50-50 custody and I'm officially divorced. She is living with her parents and still denies drinking to me. There has been no known rehab or counseling.

Now to the problem at hand. She was admitted to the hospital on Thursday her blood pressure has been through the roof for the past two weeks. She was in the emergency room for 12 hours and now she has been in ICU for the past 4 days. Everyday things to extend into another day in the ICU. I'm lost at what to do because the family will not give me any information the only information I'm getting is there performing more tests. They are afraid that I will apply for full custody.... which is just insane she just needs to get help. I'm at a loss for what to do...

Sam1

Sounds like you are walking in my story from 6 years ago. PM to talk off list.