Self Centered - Maybe a little...lol

Old 10-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Self Centered - Maybe a little...lol

You all know about me having my AH's car in my name. Well, we thought we had the title all straightened out, but today we found out differently. The Lien Holder called my AH today and told him that me, my AH and himself will need to meet at the BMV because there was a problem with the way the back of the title was filled out. This is how it happened:

I get a call around 10:30 this morning from my AH. Scared me to death because he doesn't call me unless something is wrong. In fact, that was the first thing out of my mouth, "What's wrong?" Nothing of course, he just wanted me to meet them at the BMV on my lunch, and proceeds to tell me what was going on.

I meet them get everything worked out and when all was said and done, he tells me that he "went though hell today to get all that taken care of." He said he was freaking out earlier trying to figure it all out.

He just go a little taste of what I've been dealing with for all these years. Pretty cool - I think.

He told me the other day that it was pretty hard to make it on one income - now, he's living on his own. I have the kids. He only pays $75.00 a week for the sitter and gives me $20 here $20 there. When he moved out, he didn't have any bills except rent and a loan he decided to take out so he can get a car and his license back. His little comment about it being hard to make it on one income kinda made me mad - How the hell does he think it is on me? I assumed responsibility for all the bills we made together and I'm feeding our kids.

How self centered is he???
Old 10-20-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Once, I heard alcoholism called the "me, me disease". It's always, I this, I that, I feel, I think, on and on.

We all know what you're going through. And I truly respect the fact that you haven't dragged his butt to court for child support. You can do that you know.

I never gave it any thought about how my A would react if he had to go through all I did with him. Yeah, I agree. They have absolutely no idea what it's like. I always said I wanted a man to get his period or have a baby. I'll now say they need to walk in our shoes for just a week.

Always remember, you didn't have anything to do with the situation he's gotten himself in. They are totally responsible. Your part is to take care of yourself and your little ones.

Have a good evening, Kathy
Old 10-21-2004, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can get child support on your H even if your not legally separated??

He's not had a drink in 1 week (oh boy). He says he knows what he needs to do, but he's not doing anything.

Anyway, I foresee him getting further in debt and going back to the Alcohol. He's not strong enough to NOT drink when he's dealing with a lot of pressure. (He's already $5000 in debt and he's only been on his own since April.)

But, that's on him and me taking care of everything because it needed to get done will only apply to what I have to do for me and the kids.