my dream..............

Old 10-21-2004, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my dream..............

I seem to have low energy this week. Hubby is suffering with gout brought on by the drinking and has been needy, which makes me angry. I had this dream the other night that is bothering me.

In the dream I was working a second job at a warehouse and I was tired. I was talking to a male co-worker(someone I actually work with) and decided to lie down on a couch/bench thing. I was telling the co-worker that I was sore and tired. I was laying on my side and he layed down next to me with his back to my back. I immediately felt relief and support. I said OH that feels so good. It wasn't sexual it was just physical support and firmness. It felt like heaven. That was it, end of dream.

It bothers me a little that I dreamed of someone I actually know, I don't often do that. Also this is someone I work with, and admire and find attractive, but nothing else.

It is not hard to figgure out that I crave a relationship with a supportive, firm, attractive man ---- someone that support me. So the question is: how long will I be without what I want and need in a man? And how does that balance with my values of commitment? Food for thought...............
Old 10-21-2004, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rose - I too have had dreams about being with (not physically) another man. I think when something is lacking at home our subconscious tends to look elsewhere. I think your dream is telling you what you already know - that you are tired and lonely. I also think its perfectly normal to have dreams about another person (which is something I too had a hard time with at first) - I've heard from non-CoDe friends that they have them all the time.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

something to ponder

HI Rose -

Some say that all people & objects in your dreams...reflect some aspect of yourself.
Maybe the dream is reminding you that you need to comfort YOURSELF with the stong, attractive part of YOU!

Remember..you DON'T require someone else to be able to give those things to you....you already have then inside yourself.

At least.....That is what I am learning in AL-ANon & through THIS website.

Just a thought I had...........
Old 10-21-2004, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Rose,

One thing that I would like to do is be more committed to writing my dreams down because they give us suck deep perspective into what our minds really want, need, feel, think. When I do write my dreams down or remember them and talk to someone about them, I can ususally figure out what the message was.

Rose, when you come back and reread your post what do you feel. What emotions come to the surface? Sometimes we need to be quiet in ourselves to really hear the message. Be patient with yourself, our mind works in mysterious ways but it ususally points us in the right direction of what we need to do/not do.

Peace,

Petunia