Just feeling good........

Old 05-07-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just feeling good........

It was such a long time that my youngest 2 children (DD30,DS32) weren't speaking to me. It's been working out really good this last year.

I talked to DD30 last Thursday. She just closed on her house and she asked me if I could attend her graduation. She is getting her Masters Degree from Johns Hopkins.

I talked to DS32 today. He is closing on his house tomorrow, and he asked me if I could watch his son when they move, (may be next week), anyway, he told me that many people told him that they would be there for him and help, but he really trust that I would actually show up, and that they might not.

This is going to be a really good month for me.

amy

PS: to those who know my story, I am still on vacation from my Drama Queen daughter.

Just want to say Thank You to SR for helping me keep my head together.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So good to hear Amy. I love hearing about healing in families.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great news Amy.
I have been estranged from my eldest daughter for 2 years...longer really ... but since AH left we have been able to build out relationship more. I will see her in 6 weeks and I am praying all goes well.
It's a great feeling isn't it...especially winning back the trust xx
Old 05-07-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news! Enjoy your time and those happy moments in your kids' lives.

I'm very glad you found a peaceful path with the other daughter even though it means taking a break, for now.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by merhaba View Post
That's great news Amy.
I have been estranged from my eldest daughter for 2 years...longer really ... but since AH left we have been able to build out relationship more. I will see her in 6 weeks and I am praying all goes well.
It's a great feeling isn't it...especially winning back the trust xx
merhaba, it is terrific, and I am so happy for you also. You have to let me know how it goes. OK?

((((((((((hugs))))))))))
amy
Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am also in a place of awesome connection with my adult children! It makes me so happy!

For we, who have gone through the pain of disconnection with our children, it is an astounding gift just to be able to share the normalcy of their lives!

I know how much tenacity it takes to re-build those connections! Sometimes it is sculpted with the not-saying, which is hard too! Sometimes it is built with humble reaching out! It is no small job to maintain these connections (connections that those who have not encountered addiction seemingly take for granted).

I am happy for you. Happy for us! And I hope your posting gives loving hope to those who are inside separation from adult children. Repair isn't always possible, but we can stay steady & true to ourselves, & sometimes they fix stuff & we fix stuff & we get another chance at that closeness...
Old 05-08-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 05-08-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That sounds great, Amy. Very happy for you.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Doing a happy dance for you Amy!!

One thing I appreciate most about SR (aside from getting me through some bull***) is that it's helped me to have a huge amount of appreciation for the times that life is just GOOD. Peaceful, calm, normal....I've taken a good portion of my life for granted, and this place has helped me see, and have gratitude.

Enjoy - you've earned it!!!
Old 05-08-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lovely

It's so good to hear Amy. Your heart is filled with warmth and so it should be.
Enjoy xxx
Old 05-08-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good stuff Amy! I love hearing this!

A masters from Johns Hopkins...wow! Congrats to her, and to your DS on his house!
Old 05-08-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lovely news, so pleased for you
Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So glad to hear things are going well! Big hug, Amy!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you SR for using that 2 x 4 when I needed it. It took me such a long time to own up to the things that I did, I just wanted to blame my abusive relationship. You set me straight on that. I did have choices, I at that time, chose not to look at my choices, I wanted to stay at the blaming stage. It was comfortable there, it didn't feel good, but it was comfortable.

When I needed to look at myself, it did hurt, but I guess the saying is, "no pain, no gain". This is the best that my life has ever been.

heartcore, I am so happy for you too !!!!!!!! Steady and true.

firebolt, peaceful, calm, normal.... I never thought I would experience that again, but I was wrong. Time does heal.

hopeful, I am so proud of my daughter, she did this while working full time at the NIH, and she is also in a mentoring program for disadvantaged youths. I'm going to be one proud mama that day.

((((((((((((((((((hugs to everyone, and to this forum for allowing me to vent, cry, and sometimes brag)))))))))))))))))))

amy