Geographic escape akin to deleting social media posts??

Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Geographic escape akin to deleting social media posts??

heres something interesting i noticed. i have an alcoholic friend that has been deteriorating over the last few months. she was fired from job, problems with friends.

the geographic escape is them thinking their problems are related to where they live and if they move things will be better.

i noticed she deletes some posts on social media that may remind her of something. apparently thinking removing it will fix the problem. wonder if it is reasonable to make the analogy to geographic escape?
Old 04-11-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hmmmm, that might be a bit of a stretch. it's really hard to get the back story from a person deleting some stuff off social media. her mind is probably not the safest place for you to be!!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are so many reasons why posts disappear. Facebook sometimes displays "highlights" on a person's social media feed, as opposed to all the posts, so you can't make the presumption that a person actually deleted that post. I've lost count of the number of times I've looked for a specific post on a friend's feed, only to give up in frustration. One day later, here it is!

It may be that she's deleting particular posts in order portray herself in a different light. Or she may be deleting posts that expose her to a particular liability. The number of reasons are infinite, and as Anvilhead stated, trying to get into her head is not the safest place for to reside.

Trying to figure out the ways and means of social media, Facebook in particular, is also another guaranteed way to drive you mad.