Well, it happened again.

Old 12-05-2001, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kiwigirl

Post Well, it happened again.

OK, so it was only that he didn't come home, we've been waiting for 2 hours to do the shopping and my 8 year old is really upset. The baby is asleep, so I can't go, he's got the money and there's not alot to eat in the house. Not a major thing, but it still hurts, and although I'm used to it and expect it, my son is devastated.

I'm thinking of leaving, but Xmas just does not seem like a good time to do it. But then when IS?

I feel stronger after listening to your guys stories, and I'm sure I will go through with it but not this week.

Old 12-06-2001, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kiwigirl...
You're right. No time ever seems like a good time. I understand your sentiment about Christmastime. Perhaps tis' the season to spend getting your ducks in a row for a very NEW year, next year.

Smoke
Old 12-11-2001, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MammaLor

((((Kiwi)))))
I spent Friday night like that, waiting for him to come home. He never did. I never get used to it. That sick feeling in the pit of your stomach.... Getting up at 4 a.m., alone, wondering, Is he still out partying, or did he kill himself driving home? (I apologize for the horror of this sentiment but I suspect it is familiar to some... if not all uf us.)
Luckily my kids are too little to go through this, yet. I'm another one waiting for the holidays to go by. Taking some baby steps like separating our checking accounts. Maybe after the holidays....
(((((Hugs))))))),
Lor in NY

Old 12-14-2001, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Lightbulb

Hey girl! This is my first visit here, and reading your post, I felt my old life come rushing back! I have walked several million miles in your shoes and offer only this. Instead of focusing on what he is doing wrong, see what YOU can do right to change yourself. You are truly the only person who has control over yourself. Check out an al-anon meeting to help you, let him have his misery and take back yourself, a little step at a time. It takes time, but begins with you taking that one, little step toward YOUR recovery! One day or second at a time. Love you! Get healthy and then make life changing decisions. Thanks! You are a valuable person, by the way.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Wife!
I already said hi to you on the naranon page... but WELCOME here as well. If you feel like telling your story... lay it on!

Smoke