SR Christmas!

Old 12-25-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
How's the Freemantle doctor tonight?
Gently wafting through my front door, cooling everything down.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

That's one piece of used WA weather I am looking forward to....
Old 12-25-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So glad there is at least a bit of a breeze in the day of our Aussie friends. Dee talks about how hot it can be where he lives!!

First batch of waffles will be ready in about an hour! The first group of carolers usually start their rounds about 10am

Now, how did I let the fire get so low!!! Bother! I'll have that going again in just a few minutes.

Anyone else peek in their stocking yet?
Old 12-25-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Not yet but soon...Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Old 12-25-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post

Anyone else peek in their stocking yet?
I got some warm socks and a nice snap shot of my SR friends.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

good morning SR elves and elvettes!

Seren, we all may never leave.......
Old 12-25-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
8 am is kinda early ain't it? please leave some for us late risers!!!

hell, i just got my decorations up by 2:30pm today. one present left to wrap, but i need the box that is in hank's car.......altho i don't go all out with decorating and we have a tiny little fake tree, it all does look pretty darn festive!
Anvil, that's why you get gift bags. Just throw some tissue paper in and plop the gift in the bag. And voila, your gift is "wrapped".
Old 12-25-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Any other dietary restrictions of which I need to be aware?
Nope, sounds like there are plenty of carbo loaded foods to keep me grinning from ear to ear.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So, now that everyone has had a nice late breakfast/ lunch...I think Miss Daisy and Mr Ned require some extra attention! Let's enjoy this weather, work off a few of those waffles, and take honeypig's fur babies for a nice walk around the neighborhood. Don't worry! We won't attract too much attention!!
Old 12-25-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Anvil, that's why you get gift bags. Just throw some tissue paper in and plop the gift in the bag. And voila, your gift is "wrapped".

Beach! i totally did that but a couple gifts were oversized and required actual wrapping. plus we kept all the tissue paper and i can recycle/reuse it next year! my daughter and i have some gift bags that have traded back and forth for about 10 years now!!!

plus i'm a totally OCD gift wrapper.....i've had people say they don't WANT to open the package cuz it's so perfect. LOL so i HAVE to have a couple gifts to officially WRAP to get that all out of my system!!

did i mention my tree is decorated with Packer Green and Gold ornaments?

i'm ready for a walk......i don't think i could eat another bite.....oh dear, did i just find a bowl of chocolates????????
Old 12-25-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Take a handful with you as we go just to keep your strength up
Old 12-25-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oooh I found the mint chocolates over here. I love those. Seren, you are the best hostess.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late. Had several places to stop and overeat. Are there croissants left? Seren, hope you don't mind. I left Seamus the reindeer by the back door. You didn't really like that potted plant, did you.? Cheers, everyone.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I got a soda stream; so useful for someone always looking for alternatives to alcohol.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

There will always be mint chocolates, BP! And Seamus is perfectly welcome to munch on whatever he likes as it will save me some pruning in the spring

I know everyone will need to head out so that you can get ready for work tomorrow, so I made up some brown bag dinners for you to grab as you leave. The chicken salad as a sandwich on sourdough bread and some fruit, cheese, and to crackers. Be sure to grab a sparkling or regular water, too!

For those whose flights don't leave until later, dinner will be the same except with creamy butternut squash soup as well!

You each have a present from me when you do leave--but no peeking until you get home!!
Old 12-25-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I surely do appreciate the dinner to go, Seren; you are such a thoughtful and gracious hostess. Thanks for everything!

Neddy and Miss Daisy are grateful for their walk--it's always fun to sniff new smells in a new neighborhood!

I'm grateful for a lovely weekend spent w/my SR friends--this was so very much fun! But (yawn) it's getting to be my bedtime, back to work tomorrow...

Thanks to everybody who came to the party, great big hugs and lots of love to all. The furry ones and I will trundle on home to a night of sweet dreams.

Old 12-25-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for letting Daisy and Ned be out therapy dogs for the weekend! Sweet dreams ☺
Old 12-25-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

apologies to anyone who can't FIND the cheese in their To Go bag.....i think Seren must have got confused......or something.

nom nom nom. i was just looking out for the lactose -intolerant........

i think i'd best go check on Seamus now........

Old 12-26-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So, I have pressed the Go button on the iRobot vacuum to pick up anything Ned and Daisy may have missed. All the dishes are washed and put away thanks to Anvil's help (you have totally made up for your cheese thievery )

Seamus will return home later today, but he seems to enjoy the backyard for now.

Atalose almost left the scrabble game behind, and I managed to print out gaming certificates of achievement for all the champions!!

I had some concerns about how a Lego creation of that many pieces would make it out the door once assembled, but it was glorious! Negotiations are under way to lend it to the Lego Museum

Thank you all for coming to this wonderful SR Christmas gathering!! Much love to all <3.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Lovely narratives from all youse foodies. End of boxing day here- many different historical theories- the rich and servants swapping places for a day..
Have a safe week all- he Xmas- NY gap can be a trigger sometimes. Me- I am keeping below the radar for the next 2 weeks. Then -17 begins in earnest.