Funeral tomorrow

Old 12-12-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for your loss.

It's good that you are able to see peace and hope.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So very sorry to hear about your ex dieing. I have had several friends die with empty bottles surrounding them. Saddens me.

M-Bob
Old 12-12-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so very, very sorry, ToughChoices. Your post brought tears.

May you and your dear son know peace.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry of your loss. It's a devastating and baffling disease. I pray that you and your son may find some semblance of peace and understanding surrounding this horrible tragedy. Give that sweet boy extra hugs today. You are stronger than you think and he is lucky to have you as his mom and role model.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToughChoices View Post
Thank you.

The memorial was what I hoped for...an honest collection of stories and memories for my son to cherish.

Choosing the readings and music for the ceremony was healing for me in many ways. I loved Peter. I lost him. Now we remember and continue to move forward.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Alcoholism is unfair and painful. It is outside my control. But my life: my 3 sweet boys, my kind sober husband, my rewarding work, my rejuvenating friendships - are a gift of my recovery.

There is hope for all, even in this dark hour.
Thanks so much for posting here Toughchoices in spite of your grief. The phrase in your OP "swimming in grief" hit me.

I am so so sorry for this pain and loss for your family and at the same time want to thank you for grabbing health and happiness for yourself and making sure your XAH's addiction didn't take any more lives than his.

May battalions of angels bombard you and your family!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I too have been away from the boards for a few years, but I used to post a lot about the struggles I had breaking completely free of my XAH. He died in 2014--he had stage 4 melanoma which would have killed him, but in the end his liver couldn't take the harsh and experimental cancer drugs on top of his continued drinking. He too died alone in a rented room surrounded by booze. I still think of him every day, but I was also lucky enough to remarry in 2015 to a wonderful man, and my daughter and I are doing much better. And I do take comfort that he is finally at peace. I am very sorry for your loss, and the loss of your son's father.