Divorce Moving So Slowly!!!!

Old 10-18-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My divorce took over 4 years to be finalized. xAH to this day has failed to respond to a SINGLE interrogatory and never disclosed MANDATORY disclosures about finances and all the other crap we BOTH are required by the state to disclose to the other.

I followed the rules, he did not, and the court is too bogged down to care.

In the end the court issued a conditional default against him due to the failure to answer interrogatories, which means he cant introduce any of the stuff from the interrogatories if he were to ever want the case re-opened...

In reality, he did get away with not adhering to any rules... The court did not really care.

Finances were devastated (mine) while he dragged the divorce out and played games, he owes me TONS of money that he refuses to pay, etc...

I hate to be negative and cynical but the reality is that your stb x is NOT going to play by the rules that the rest of us do bc he's an A and arrogant and entitled... I think that and alcoholism goes hand in hand for many....

I personally would try and talk to him directly, find a way to settle to have it be done sooner than later and accept that your finances are likely going to suffer...

The cost of peace and freedom from the chaos of alcoholism is well worth the bankruptcy my divorce has cost me and the devastation to my financial stability...

It's a small price to have paid to be free from alcoholic insanity...

I read your post and feel your pain-- it's a nightmare navigating the divorce process with an A...

Hang in there!