Has anyone felt this way?

Old 08-28-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has anyone felt this way?

Today, I am having the darndest time even getting dressed. I've been walking through the house looking at junk but not doing anything. Messing around on the computer reading random things. Started cleaning the kitchen then stopped. Started organizing papers and mail then stopped. I am feeling so.....antsy and distracted. It's like my brain won't stop running through all of these loose ends in my life. I just want to lay down and avoid everything and everybody in order to get my mind ready for another work week. AH is here but has fallen into the first of a couple of his daily after payday naps. I just feel like screaming about all that is going on.

I have an older relative who is very ill and have been going over to visit every other day or so, because we don't know how much time is left.

Yesterday, I learned that my longtime mentor suddenly passed away. I drove around (usually clears my head) from one edge of my county to the other, just to get out of the house.

I am going to inquire about an apartment tomorrow, and hope they are willing to work with me. I believe that once I actually get the keys to a place some of this "antsy-ness" will subside.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes. You aren't alone. It is a common stress response for me. A long walk and then a long bath in epsom salt helps me.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. Sometimes I just want to go back to bed, pull the covers up, and shut everything out for a bit. Sometimes I actually do it. My mantra when I feel this way? "This will pass." It helps me. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes-have been there...it's very common in these situations. It will pass...getting outside and doing something, anything, helps me every time
Old 08-28-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh my goodness, YES!

When there is an overriding concern...it is hard to focus o n the lesser important tasks......
Old 08-28-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have felt this many times. Particularly before exams, start of a new job or other very stressful events. I will roam and start doing stuff and do nothing. It's very annoying but I guess it's life. Hope you feel better soon
Old 08-28-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A bit of meditation might help. Lie down, close your eyes and focus only on your breathing. If a random thought pops in, recognise it as such and shoo it away. Return to your breathing. Try it for 5 minutes.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm having "one of those days," myself, after posting how "centered" and "present" I've been feeling these days. I had a huge project I planned to tackle, got derailed by other projects (which needed to be done, but weren't part of my big project), then I took two big bags of clothing donations to Goodwill, ran into shore traffic (Sunday night coming back from the shore), got to one of two stores I planned to go to, only to discover I'd left the house without my purse/wallet (probably because I was carrying the bags of clothing).

So it's been a rather frustrating day. Oh, well, meeting soon, and before I know it, it will be a new day. Hit the reset button.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes! I can't finish a task...I start one and then next thing I know I'm working on another. Sometimes I catch myself just walking around the house in such a fog. I can't remember things either. I'm definitely just living in the moment and not thinking far ahead. I'm completely consumed with trying to accept the end of my marriage.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This whole weekend lol.

At least yesterday I had an excuse of "missing my XAH" and "DS under the weather", today I am just scatter-brained and unmotivated, but not necessarily preoccupied.

Oh well. House work will still be here tomorrow I consider it "me time" Don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes I have lots of these days - in fact this whole summer has been a crazy anxiety filled fog and staying on task has been an undertaking. I just look forward to the evening when I can decompress and watch tv and relax. You're certainly not alone in these feelings.