Making myself feel better

Old 10-01-2004, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

Making myself feel better

My husband is going to a co-workers house tonight to get his mom's car fixed.......his co-workers are heavy drinkers.........I am going to kiss him goodbye.......I am going to tell him to go and not to work to hard and try to have some fun too.....he invited me to go along.......but I am not willing to miss my meeting tonight so I can babysit him.......that is the only reason I would go.......and I know this........so I am letting go and letting God.......

Worrying does me no good.......getting upset does me no good......waiting by the phone does me no good.....calling him to see when he is coming home does me no good...........so Instead of doing all these things that does me no good.....I am going to practice filling that void with something positive that will do me some good.....

I am not going to have expectations for tonight or hopes for tonight, except for my own.......I know he will be leaving at 5:00 and I am not going to figure that he should be home at any certain time.........whenever he comes home he comes home......I will not ask him if he drank.........I am going to be strong..........

Hard yes..........I am going to keep my mind busy and maybe stay after the meeting a bit......since I really never get a chance.....I always rush home because my husband hates me going there......but I am going to take advantage of this opportunity and maybe get to know someone just a little better......I hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend and does something fun for themselves.....

Old 10-01-2004, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! I can't wait to hear how it goes tonight. Enjoy yourself and make a new friend. Stay strong ...... this will be the hardest thing you'll ever do for yourself but I know you can do it.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

gracey - sounds like this is an opportunity placed in your reach by our hp. good luck and hope to hear how it goes!

you have a great weekend too!

cwohio
Old 10-01-2004, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
brightlight

You are making a good decision. That is what I am going to do. I waste so much time trying to decide what his next move will be. Hope you have fun tonight.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Well done!

How was that meeting??

Hugs,
JT
Old 10-01-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes - let us know how the meeting went! I hope you have a great time! You are doing so well for yourself!
Old 10-01-2004, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gracy -
I am so proud of you. I hope you had a wonderful meeting and I'm sending you big hugs. You are amazing !
L