When does it start to get better?

Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When does it start to get better?

The divorce is set for the end of this month, on my birthday.

Our would-have-been wedding anniversary is next week.

I had a biopsy come back abnormal this week.

I just spoke to STBXAH about some financial matters and he says, "too bad we couldn't make a go of this marriage, we'd be really doing well financially."

I slept for 3 hours last night, which is less than normal lately but not significantly less. I am mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted.

I just need a freaking break!!!! I need the bad news to stop!!!! I want to stop being sad!!!! I want to get a good, restful night's sleep!!!!!!

When does it get better????
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have not been through a divorce, but witnessed my parents and almost had one myself. Without knowing the reasons for your divorce, there must be a good reason that it got that far and that it's going through.

I feel your pain in your writing. Follow up on your medical results and focus on yourself. I've had some cancer scares ( skin) and had to have malignant cells removed from multiple places on my body.

I always feel the more pain we endure and experience the more we spring back stronger. You will come out of this. And you will feel better. It will pass. If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me. Remember to breathe and take care of yourself and your most important priorities. Remind yourself why you are going through this. Be strong hugs
Old 08-11-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am just starting the divorce process from the soon to be EXAW. Been separated for over 3 weeks and already much better for me. Life is so much more peaceful now. I don't like the divorce process but I am sure looking forward to the end result.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TFM,
I would not wish a divorce on anyone, but it was the best thing I ever did. After 34 years together with AXH, the lies, the cheating, the drinking and drugs, the disrespect, the fights and all the other Bull Shxt they put you through, my life is just like a normal persons is. The first night alone in my new place felt like 10 thousand pounds of weight lifted off my shoulders. I was done with living in Hxll!!

Be patient!! It will happen my friend!!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TFM, I'm sorry things seem to be piling up just now. I know it must feel very unfair.

My only -- admittedly, very unsatisfying -- answer is that it starts to get better when it starts to get better. Accepting things as the are is the only thing that eases the frustration at how long it takes for things to improve. Sending you strength and patience during this difficult time.

Your health needs to be a priority right now so I hope you are taking enough time for self-care and rest.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TFM, don't know if you've seen this thread, but I've posted the link for many people who are waiting for "the good stuff" to start:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ain-stops.html

Hope you find it helpful. I definitely have.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Irk TFM, it takes waaaay too long for the pain to abate. At least that was my experience.

I'm sending all the good juju I can muster your way!! Hang tough lady and take care of yourself!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So often it feels like one step forward, two steps back. I don't know when it gets better. I just wanted to send some encouragement your way.

I hope you take enough time for yourself to rest and take care. Stress already affects us in so many negative ways.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, thinking of you this week. Please be good to yourself, you've EARNED it!

Vetiver oil (DoTerra) - a couple dabs on the bottoms of my big toes before I lay down at night has helped my sleep immensely. I don't love the hippie voo - doo cures, but it worked for me.

Sending you tons and tons of peace.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. This will be the first one we are not celebrating together. I still have not regretted leaving, even for a half a second.

Lack of sleep is really screwing with my outlook and my emotions.

I just got back from the therapist. I got some good insight from her. My anxiety is really cranked up today.

Honeypig, thanks for the link to that post.

It just feels like I am stuck (it's my own doing, I know) until this divorce is finalized. Two more weeks...
Old 08-16-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

maybe instead of calling it stuck, you can empower yourself a bit and say "I choose to stay here in this spot just a while longer, but i have not quit my journey"
Old 08-16-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anvilheadll - Thank you for that perspective. I will choose to do that.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hope you can get yourself in for a massage, or a soak at a spa, or something really, really nice for yourself today. Some relaxation might help with the sleep issue too! Hang in there - 2 weeks is the blink of an eye. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-17-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

TFM lack of sleep is the worst when we are going through tough times and you have a lot on your plate. I am coming up on 11 months of divorce mediation and still living with wife, what I do is get exercise everyday I try not to over eat and eat healthy and stay connected to recovery the support I get is essential. I hope you are getting plenty of support, good luck.