Some great quotes...

Old 07-31-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some great quotes...

from Steve Maraboli......very empowering. I hope that one of them touches someone today.

“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

“If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you've made, if they don't realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

“Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”
― Steve Maraboli

“I want to be in a relationship where you telling me you love me is just a ceremonious validation of what you already show me.”

“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
― Steve Maraboli

“Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.”

“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT...Goodbye.”

“How would your life be different if…You stopped allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions? Let today be the day…You stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others”
Old 08-01-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was going to start a new thread but stumbled across these in the history & wanted to bump for any newcomers.

Also adding to it because I shared this one in another thread today & it vibrated high for me:

“You should be angry. You must not be bitter. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. It doesn’t do anything to the object of its displeasure. So use that anger. You write it. You paint it. You dance it. You march it. You vote it. You do everything about it. You talk it. Never stop talking it.”.... Maya Angelou

DD sent me this one & it made my whole day better:

"Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that." ~Unknown

She added, "like you Mom, you're like that".

And just for humor, because it's a necessary part of all this:

"Some things are just better not spread too thin: Yourself & Peanut Butter" ~overthemuffintop.com
Old 08-01-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love this one! Its so hard to move on for me I am addicted to rumination (among other things

“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
Old 08-01-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is a good one too:

“I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT...Goodbye.”
Old 08-01-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the bump, FS--a LOT of good stuff here. As always, it does me good to read it and apply it to myself. I'm also glad to see these quotes b/c I believe I will share some of them w/someone I know who might be touched by them too.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Trying to change someone else is an act of aggression. Trying to change yourself is an act of love."
~David Bell

"This is just a reminder that the number of people you need to apologize to for being the most authentic version of yourself currently stands at zero."
~johnpavlovitz.com

"Life is the most difficult exam. Many people fail because they try to copy others, not realizing that everyone has a different question paper."
~fb/theidealist

Should you find yourself the victim of someone's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities, just remember it could be worse - you could BE that person."
~bullyingisforlosers

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."
~tinybuddha.com

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
I'm also glad to see these quotes b/c I believe I will share some of them w/someone I know who might be touched by them too.
That's the best feeling - being able to share stuff like this with others in need of hearing it.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"Let go or be dragged................"