OT: Just Anvil.....

Old 07-16-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ok, cuz ya just can't have ENOUGH cardboard.....we now have a shiny new B&D programmable coffee pot! with my insomnia and aversion to alarm clocks, i tend to wake up super early and then wait til 4am to get the coffee going. but see, i have no idea if i could maybe sleep a bit better IF the coffee pot took care of itself!?

since i don't TRUST it yet, i will run it thru it's paces a few times, just to make SURE so i'm not up at 3:55 waiting to see if it really DOES start!

speaking of alarm clocks....the one in the bedroom that we rarely ever use (refer back to insomnia/alarm aversion) finally stopped DOING the alarm part - now it just blinks off and on. silent alarm. so i figured what the hell and got a NEW alarm clock. i'd really like to retire as the Human Waker Upper!

i just had Stouffer's Salisbury Steak WITH Mac n Cheese combo.....for breakfast! last day as ruler of my kingdom..........
Old 07-16-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I LOVE the wall art! You are my new hero Anvil...at least this week.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
ok, cuz ya just can't have ENOUGH cardboard.....we now have a shiny new B&D programmable coffee pot! with my insomnia and aversion to alarm clocks, i tend to wake up super early and then wait til 4am to get the coffee going. but see, i have no idea if i could maybe sleep a bit better IF the coffee pot took care of itself!?

since i don't TRUST it yet, i will run it thru it's paces a few times, just to make SURE so i'm not up at 3:55 waiting to see if it really DOES start!

speaking of alarm clocks....the one in the bedroom that we rarely ever use (refer back to insomnia/alarm aversion) finally stopped DOING the alarm part - now it just blinks off and on. silent alarm. so i figured what the hell and got a NEW alarm clock. i'd really like to retire as the Human Waker Upper!

i just had Stouffer's Salisbury Steak WITH Mac n Cheese combo.....for breakfast! last day as ruler of my kingdom..........
I have some serious envy going on.......
Old 07-16-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
they weren't no lean cuisine size either! lol
You go girl!!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Anvil, I found your picture online!

Old 07-16-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

love the fur!!!

i was kinda thinking......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
she ra.jpg (14.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 07-16-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It really turned out beautifully, Anvil!
Old 07-16-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lovely, Anvil!!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

thank you guys for the props on my attempt at ART of any sort.....sort of my bugaboo......my not good enough. well one of them anyways....as i sit here at the laptop the wall art is at about 10 o'clock....and i keep looking over at it and loving it more and more! it's possible we have unleashed the beast!!!!

talked to hank, he is SO ready to come home.....i have kept mum on all of the projects - so he asks what have you been up to today? oh....you know, dishes, throwing the ball, yardwork......he must think i have been prostrate on the couch eating bon bons all week. HA!

but regardless of what HE may think about it all.........i am very happy with my own efforts. i have managed quite well all on my own for 8 days...i even got out the Pledge and shined up the wooden surfaces today.

about 4 days back i looked out to see 14 canadian geese in my backyard.....trust me they are a menace, so i hucked some rocks at them from my upper deck, while waving my bright orange fly swatter and yelled GO BACK TO CANADA! haven't seen a single goose on the lake since.........

it is always good to know that we ARE self-sufficient, we ARE capable, we CAN do just fine on our own.....whether we are IN a relationship, or getting out of one. to know that we ARE separate beings, with our own lives and wants and dreams. and we can get all the trash out on garbage day, spend the day in silent retreat, reflect, recharge, reconnect to ourselves. our selves without anyone around.

and we should also to listen to this at least once a day.
DAMN YOU TIMBERLAKE!
Dennis is my fave..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw
Old 07-16-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

it is always good to know that we ARE self-sufficient, we ARE capable, we CAN do just fine on our own.....whether we are IN a relationship, or getting out of one. to know that we ARE separate beings, with our own lives and wants and dreams. and we can get all the trash out on garbage day, spend the day in silent retreat, reflect, recharge, reconnect to ourselves. our selves without anyone around.
Isn't this the absolute truth? Thanks again for this thread, it's just a real delight!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh Anvil, you are such an inspiration for me! So glad you had such a good week, reclaiming all your skills and talents!

P.s. Loved the art work!
Old 07-19-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yeah, super cool and thanks for the snippet of your awesome solo week!!
Old 07-19-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Anvil!!! You are woman, hear you ROAR! Love your wall art, good going girl!
Old 07-19-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Anvil - was Hank impressed with your completed projects?
Old 07-19-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey! Wait a cotton pickin' minute. You don't like Canadian geese? I am shocked and appalled...well maybe not, they do poop a lot and make lawns unwalkable.

I have enjoyed this thread do much! Can we keep Hank away for one more week and we could all come celebrate your project achievements?
Old 07-19-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Hey! Wait a cotton pickin' minute. You don't like Canadian geese? I am shocked and appalled...well maybe not, they do poop a lot and make lawns unwalkable.

I have enjoyed this thread do much! Can we keep Hank away for one more week and we could all come celebrate your project achievements?
That sounds like so much fun! Whose getting the bus? Just leave "your" geese at home!!!