Clarity came in the form of a grasshopper today

Old 06-06-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clarity came in the form of a grasshopper today

I don't think I could put into words what it felt like during the years of being lied to daily, abused, threatened, disnissed, kicked to the curb, totally unloved-and still hanging on for a thread of good to come along. Holding on so tight.

Tonight after I got I to my car to drive home from work I noticed a huge (seriously, like GMO huge!) green grasshopper sitting on my windshield. I figure, ok buddy, have a nice short ride bc I'm getting on the freeway-you'll fly away soon enough. Well, the entire car ride home, freeway and all, this giant bug is sitting on my windshield-other bugs hitting it, the wind pelting it and pulling back it's wings, it's poor legs trembling to hang on as I wizzed home from work-it looked like a freak of nature at one point, barely recognizable-I'm sitting in my car literally screaming at it to just hop off....it was trying for dear life to hold on to the windshield....until....it spread it's wings and flew off as I exited the freeway.

Great analogy to what life was like with my AH. Holding on for dear life to the very thing that was killing me. All I ever had to so was spread my wings and fly away and hop off the crazy train. Seems so simple when I look back on things now.

God is great at these little reminders-don't think I've ever had an aha moment in my car like I did today. Very humbling and kind of surreal.

Thanks for listening, y'all
Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope that grasshopper find a nice weedy patch next to the highway!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, FoG. I needed that reminder today, especially this:
"Holding on for dear life to the very thing that was killing me. All I ever had to so was spread my wings and fly away and hop off the crazy train. "

Also your anecdote reminds me of a wonderful poem, "The Summer Day," by Mary Oliver:
The Summer Day, by Mary Oliver - Poem 133 | Poetry 180: A Poem a Day for American High Schools, Hosted by Billy Collins, U.S. Poet Laureate, 2001-2003 (Poetry and Literature, Library of Congress)
Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

GMO Huge....ha!!!!!

This is a great analogy friend!