Into thin air

Old 04-28-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When, DS was little, he really liked the book The Brown Bottle by Penny Jones. It's a very gentle way to introduce the concept of addiction to little ones. It helped me understand it a little bit better, too.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am sorry for what you are going through.

I would think you can file a report in both cities. It may be that he linked up with someone from the rehab facility. I would say he will surface when it's time for the next check to be deposited.

Hugs to you. Take good care of you and yours.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wldhrt13 View Post
I like the fact that you used honesty with your DS. that seems instinctual. [...] being there for the confusion and heartache clinches it for me. that will come....I guess it's inevitable, I was hoping there was some way to avoid that. But there is not.
Unfortunately, no, there's no way to avoid it that I've found. That's part of the reason I really want to be as honest as I can with DS in an age-appropriate way: I know that as long as AXH is stuck in his addictions and bad/selfish behavior, he's going to lie to DS again and again. I know DS is going to be hurt emotionally by his father, and I can't change what AXH does, but I can show DS that I'm here for him, that I love him, that I'm truthful and can be trusted. The last thing I want would be to be caught out in a lie by DS - even if one intended to save him from heartache - and have him feel like I was just as much a liar and as untrustworthy as his father is.

((((hugs))))