Ignoring our wounds

Old 03-12-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ignoring our wounds

After coming back to Christ and giving Him my everything-all of it, and being born again in his image....I've followed one person in particular...a Christian music artist, Lecrae. His motto is "if you ignore your wounds, they won't go away". Kind of like the whole, wherever he goes, there he is thing we say for our lost alcoholics. Anyway, he's been such an inspiration to me as his life before Christ was not stuff of fairy tales-abortions, promiscuous sex, drugs and alcohol abuse to name some. He came from an awful family and chose Christ-and is unashamed to expose his wounds. If we want to get better, we must look at our wounds and heal them!! If we cover them up, the light cannot get in to heal our broken places!

Anyway, just my thoughts on this-if you'd like to read about him, his book "unashamed " is amazing. Google it!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks I have plenty of wounds I need to heal !
Old 03-12-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Absolutely! We all do!
Old 03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My 4th step was all about the wounds I received and those I inflicted- it was really freeing to have that stuff down on paper and then discussed with my sponsor in my 5th step. Like I heard in an AA meeting, "once I can name it, I can claim it".